Added a new Jeep to the stable Some old Iron

Team Balls Out

Adventurist
I just bought this beauty from a person in Virginia Beach last week! In the process of lining up a shipping company to bring her home it's a 1941 MB or Model B. More pictures to come when she arrives home! I know in the one pictures the seat cushions are missing but they are there! I have been looking for a very long time for a nice jeep. And dreams do come true

25181821_10209530420250591_1591467689_n.jpg

year-mb-clone-virginiabeach-va1-650x366.jpg

year-mb-clone-virginiabeach-va2-650x366.jpg

I’m standing by to drive it back from Virginia to SoCal by way of Moab, just call me when it’s ready to pick up. I’ll take about 2 weeks :)

Looks like it has the CJ T90 trans and Warn overdrive. Rear axle looks like a semi float Dana 41 or 44 from a CJ. Has CJ one piece wheels. Is the steering bell crank on the front crossmember or the axle? CJ's had them on the cross member and MB's had them on the axle with the torque reaction spring.
The CJ running gear is stronger that the flimsy WW11 stuff so you could run this thing hard and not break. Plus the CJ axles usually have 5.38 gears so you can use the OD. Looks like a fun runner to get dirty in.

Looks like it has the CJ T90 trans and Warn overdrive. Rear axle looks like a semi float Dana 41 or 44 from a CJ. Has CJ one piece wheels. Is the steering bell crank on the front crossmember or the axle? CJ's had them on the cross member and MB's had them on the axle with the torque reaction spring.
The CJ running gear is stronger that the flimsy WW11 stuff so you could run this thing hard and not break. Plus the CJ axles usually have 5.38 gears so you can use the OD. Looks like a fun runner to get dirty in.

:bowdown

As militarized CJ-2As go, this looks pretty good.

Ok Glen for all you Purest... it's a nicely done “1941 Willys Jeep MB clone. Titled as a 48 with a early 46 frame and running gear. All new sheet metal, tires, brakes, top, MB parts and more. Rebuilt transmission and transfer case. Manual. New Saturn over drive ($1100.00). 12 volt electrical system with period correct wiring harness. Show quality/1st place show winner at local car show recently.

As militarized CJ-2As go, this looks pretty good.

OK Glen and for all you purest out there as most normal people would not have a clue... It's a“1941 Willys Jeep MB clone. Titled as a 48 with a early 46 frame and running gear. All new sheet metal, tires, brakes, top, MB parts and more. Rebuilt transmission and transfer case. Manual. New Saturn over drive ($1100.00). 12 volt electrical system with period correct wiring harness. Show quality/1st place show winner at local car show recently. I do plan to change out the rims and install the correct combat rims along with installing the leather boots where the gear shifts are on the floor and install a desert kit on the jeep as well. I ordered a M-1Grande rack for the windshield and a windshield cover went the wind shield is in the lower position and a storage cover as well. There are a few other items I ordered as well for the jeep.

Counterfeit WW11 jeeps are fine as long as the seller does not try to pass it off as factory original. Does it have the 11 inch brake conversion?
Early MB,s had one piece wheels on them and folks want to much money for usable unbent jeep combat wheels. The one piece CJ wheels are
stronger. This Jeep is a better driver than the original with the updated running gear and overdrive.

Counterfeit WW11 jeeps are fine as long as the seller does not try to pass it off as factory original. Does it have the 11 inch brake conversion?

Early MB,s had one piece wheels on them and folks want to much money for usable unbent jeep combat wheels. The one piece CJ wheels are
stronger. This Jeep is a better driver than the original with the updated running gear and overdrive.

This was how it was advertised, It's a“1941 Willys Jeep MB clone. Titled as a 48 with a early 46 frame and running gear. All new sheet metal, tires, brakes, top, MB parts and more. Rebuilt transmission and transfer case. Manual. New Saturn over drive ($1100.00). 12 volt electrical system with period correct wiring harness. Show quality/1st place show winner at local car show recently. Yes rims are 225.00 each!

Wow... gnat's-ass level of knoweldge, right there. Who needs a tech manual when you got a wc6glenn.

That's a Jeep I'd be proud to own. Or a M-151A2 "Mutt"... I miss that 'ol truck.

Last edited:
Sounds like the seller made an honest description. I have been a member of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association since 1977 and have seen what was kind of a poor mans car club turn into a big money operation. Folks restoring the Ford GPW will spend a small fortune on the Ford script bolts and GPW stamped parts to be correct. On Ford Jeeps every single part had a Ford logo but all of the parts were interchangeable with the Willys MB.
So people will dump tens of thousands of dollars into these things to make them correct for the judges at MVPA conventions. Then you have this 50000 dollar plus trailer queen you dare not drive. So having a not so correct Jeep that you can actually get muddy in is way more fun.

Back
Top Bottom