A Pop top Camper Shell

http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/2018/12/ovrlnd-campers-releases-first-pop-top-camper-shell/

Camper1.jpeg

Camper2.jpeg

I love all of the lighter weight camper options that are becoming available recently. I REALLY like this one.

They had an early version at Overland Expo west this year, it looked like a promising option. The more companies competing in the market will make them all better and more affordable.

FWC is a self contained, slide in unit is it not? This is just a shell, kind of like a Fliptop or whatever but better design and build quality (hopefully, it certainly appears to be).

FWC is a self contained, slide in unit is it not? This is just a shell, kind of like a Fliptop or whatever but better design and build quality (hopefully, it certainly appears to be).

The roof. I’m looking at the roof. Windows, sides, looks 100% like an FWC.

Just sayin’

The roof. I’m looking at the roof. Windows, sides, looks 100% like an FWC.

Just sayin’

Yeah, the pop-up is but other manufacturers make pop-ups as well don't they? I don't know much about them so I'm asking here. Like the Tacoma you built, I like the idea of being able to use the bed when needed or to convert it to a camper interior when desired. It certainly helps in the weight department as well; the Tacoma is definitely lacking when it comes to load capacity and I'm pretty sure it's been discussed here as well as ExPo that most of the Tacomas with full camper setups are probably overweight. I'm just glad to see more options out there even if I can't afford one right now.

I like it. Being ale to keep it on the truck full time due to its light weight would be a big plus. Simple, clean and customizable.

Back
Top Bottom