a lot going since the last time here.

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
Wow! interesting year last year 2018, & new beginnings this year 2019. Mid year last 2018 (July) was diagnosed non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It was found accidentally with a bout of diverticulitis with a CT Scan. I didn't even had any symptoms. The over-all out come came out to low grade stage one, happy about that.

Sally & I are still running the trails, dispersed camping, some new add-on's with my adventure trailer. My 6 month cancer check up came back with some of the growth actually shrunk in size others still the same size, good news their too. My oncologist suggested for me to shut down my business (custom firearm finishes) because some of the chemical's (activators) used in the hydrographic camo process could enhance the cancer. That was a bit to swallow @ 1st since I have been in business close to 20 yrs. So I did end of January 2019, you can say I'm partially retired & working around the farm more which I will have to get used to not playing with guns, dealing with customers & clients. I've been pondering on getting a part-time job.

Getting all the parts & materials for a new build, a square back trailer project. I'll be purchasing a street version of a square back trailer & pulling all the street suspension off, replacing with all new offroad suspension. I like this trailer & manufacture because of the size 6ft wide x 8ft. long x 4ft. height, the price makes for a winner too. All the reseach I done the majority of offroad & street square back trailers are plywood constructed. I was going with a WEEROLL Wrangler but I'm still in search of a 1987 Isuzu Trooper diesel & thinking the Trouper might have some issue pulling the WEEROLL.

So far the parts I have are (3) Crosswind M/T LT215/75R-15 tires, (3) rims 15x8 5/4.5 Aluminum Matte Black, weld-on shock mounts & shocks kit, leaf springs & hangers, Dexter Trailer Springs Over-Under Conversion Kit for 3,500lb axle. I'll cut the tongue off & fabricate newer longer tongue with a removable coupler.

Now for the current trailer, I added 42" Bulldog Hi Lift Jack w\Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Jack mount, AT Overland 5lb bottle mount which I media blasted, primed & painted the same color to match the trailer, 5lb propane bottle, built a portable converter box so I can charge the battery by inverter genny if camping with heavy overcast days or under heavy tree foliage were my solar isn't able to recharge. It works awesome.

Next month Sally & I will be running the Arkansas & Oklahoma Trans American Trail route pulling our current trailer taking our time 10 days if weather permits us. We've been going over all Sam's maps & roll charts in conjunction of the national forest maps, Arkansas & Oklahoma Atlas Gazetteer. Pick up a larger Engel 12v fridg\freez to a 40qt. added a Tepui Insulator Insert to my Smittybilt mod. 2783 RTT which fits like a glove. Big difference too for those cold nights.
51482017_2043118645736999_7684894968808210432_n.jpg
45767214_1924210364294495_1882812537561415680_n.jpg
005.JPG
020.JPG
008.JPG
50872942_2043111025737761_3854854734389182464_n.jpg
36223739_1718475071534693_1557234869560410112_n.jpg
untitled.png

Last edited:
Good to see you back. Sorry about the health issues and wishing you the best.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better.
I’m in the process of installing RTT on my Dinoot trailer. Hope to have it done next week.
I like the fridge and cooler on small tables. I may have to steal that idea!

How are you powering your fridge?

thank you Mike, their for awhile it seemed I was head to Batesville (hospital) for CT's, ultra sounds, poking me with needles drawn blood every week for 2 months. That is before their findings. During all this I upgraded some of my business equipment (camo processing equipment) which wasn't cheap to keep up with the times. The finding came back & 6 months later my doctor advised me to shut down my business. The nice thing is I didn't have to have treatments because the cancer is in a dormant stage. The oncologist explained that what is suggested is a "watch wait" monitoring for symptoms. Periods of dormancy with non hodgkin's lymphoma low grade can be like this from 7 to 20 yrs with some patients dying from something else non cancer related, which I'm game for that too. LOL! Mean while we've been out dispersed camping & traveling.

I sold some of the firearm coating equipment & have a few shops out of state interested in the other equipment. Lots wishful wanting but NO serious takers on the new updated camo processing equipment yet. I been gutting my business shop building & move other fabrication equipment into this shop from the other for the reason this shop is far larger to aid in this new square back trailer build. Good to be back.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better.
I’m in the process of installing RTT on my Dinoot trailer. Hope to have it done next week.
I like the fridge and cooler on small tables. I may have to steal that idea!

How are you powering your fridge?

solar is my main source of power, but on days that are overcast or camping under heavy foliaged trees I use my portable converter box I built & a 2500watt inverter genny.
Solar I have Renogy, 2 100watt portable suit case panels w\branch connector ran parallel or I can just run 1 100watt panel depending on how much 12v. gear I want to run on that trip.
20 ft 10 AWG cable, 125ah VMax Tank AGM battery, 30amp Renogy Charge Controller w\Battery Temperature Sensor.

The portable Converter Box works every well. Power Max 55amp Powermax Converter: 3 STAGE CHARGING SYSTEM: provides an automatic charging in three steps.
1.) A fast charge to bring a good, drained battery back up
to full voltage rapidly "Boost".
2.) A standard charge to bring the battery up to a full charge at a safe rate to prolong the life of the battery and provide power to run 12V lighting and appliances in the vehicle/device ("Normal")
3.) A trickle charge to keep the battery fresh during times of load inactivity ("Storage"). The charger automatically changes modes to accommodate changes in conditions. I got this idea from my bowfishing boat charging system with running several 100watt filtered LED 12v. lights. This set-up on my boat I run 2 75watt Powermax Converters in a portable converter box that powers my lights & 12v. troller motor. I can run 5 hrs on batteries before a charge is needed.
002.jpg
untitled.png
003.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom