A Better Way to Leave No Trace

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We’ve tried them all. From the venerable “wheelie bin” offerings from South Africa and Australia to the old Trasharoo, we’ve seen and tested them all. Truth is, they all work. Many people just use them for trash and other light duty items, but we wanted a bag that could carry more and do more. We needed one to last longer outdoors while also giving us options for mounting beyond just the spare tire.
The search for something better started with a discussion over on our forum. What did our members want? What features are they interested in? We reached out to several companies in the US as well as Australia and South Africa with our crowd sourced inputs. After months of emails and lip service, one company actually listened. And they didn’t just listen or talk, they actually went to work.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”10454″...[/quote]

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Looks great, Dave. Am I right that it's shorter (vertically) than a Trasharoo? My mount is relatively low on my Astro van, and the unnecessarily tall Trasharoo always looks like a full saggy diaper hanging off my door...

Looks great, Dave. Am I right that it's shorter (vertically) than a Trasharoo? My mount is relatively low on my Astro van, and the unnecessarily tall Trasharoo always looks like a full saggy diaper hanging off my door...

I don't think it's shorter per se, but the internal frame and heavier materials certainly help it reduce sag.

I was pretty interested, especially with the zippers along the sides. I tend to use my Trasharoo to haul out fire wood or extra stuff and then start using it for it's intended purpose once at camp. The zippers along the sides would make it super easy to load/unload everything. All that being said at $221.00 I think I'll pass and just stick with what I have that works just fine.

OH! I thought it was $100 and thought that was insane but it's really over $200. That IS insane! I guess some people have money to burn, being retired US Navy I don't, I'll just use recycled grocery bags as usual.

Looks good. Really glad that grey is an option. For the price, I absolutely want the ability to upgrade to metal buckles or replace the current buckles. A bag like this is a one time, long term investment & I wouldn’t want it ruined by one accident breaking a buckle or simple plastic fatigue over 5-10 years.

I've been so busy with my GX build that I've only been out on a few over nighters. That being said the few days I have been using Oscars Mobile Hideout I have to say it functions as expected for a $200 bag. Meaning the zippers work when dirty and don't jamb up. Its a easy hose off and stow away once the trip is complete and it doesn't stink or retain odor. I haven't tested its load capacity yet but have no doubt that it will handle it.

My business partners and I have used Last US Bags other items in Namibia, Mexico, Canada and all over the USA with out any failures. I have little doubt of issues in the future with this product.

1F7907D4-34E6-4F2B-8779-5B9DB34E5D6E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom