A better trail trash bag?

Mail call today, the first ones with our logo have arrived from Last US Bag.

The quality on these is killer - made to last for years.

I’m considering doing a group buy - thoughts?

13C735B9-4F9B-4266-8C75-7F5700A30093.jpeg

7D023803-BC79-48FC-8C70-63B611620CAD.jpeg

C2AF7913-A887-4D99-8E02-674F0DCAB50D.jpeg

51D9E681-B145-4276-904C-2DE0E9E10C52.jpeg

I like the features but my other bag is still in good shape. What's the cost going to be?

I like the features but my other bag is still in good shape. What's the cost going to be?

I‘m in the same spot as Doug. The original AAV Trasharoo is about new but it doesn’t work well on the tailgate of the Mouser.

I‘m in the same spot as Doug. The original AAV Trasharoo is about new but it doesn’t work well on the tailgate of the Mouser.

They’re working on options for mounting, tailgate is on the list.

Received my LUSB Oscars Hideout bag the other day. This certainly is no Trasharoo. Way better fabric, stitching, design and execution. Not inexpensive by no means but at first look it will out last the Trasharoo by a long margin. In ten plus years I’ve been through 3-4 Trasharoos they don’t last and look like crap after one season and by the end of the second are generally shot.

Time will tell with the LUSB, but from initial inspection and use it looks to be a quality bag.

What do you think about running the group buy on AAV Facebook as an experiment? And do you think Last US Bag would be okay with it?

Edward Shin on YouTube has been hanging his on his tailgate of a Tundra for some time. Not sure what its doing to the finish? I would think its not anything good.

Giving the Last US Bag some use and abuse. One like. The 18oz. poly vinyl of Oscar's Mobile Hideout vs. 900 denier canvas of the Trasharoo. The poly vinyl a lot easier to clean with a hose.

My first Trasharoo stayed on the FJ all the time 24/7 365. It lasted about 4 years but the canvas began to tear at the top where the X cross straps was secured with webbing strap at around year 3. I believe it was dirt and grim working it's way and being driven into the fabric from the exterior that weakened the canvas fibers. Cleaning the Trasharoo with a power washer might have been the hammer. The poly vinyl should be more resistant to that. It's going to get the same treatment.

IMG_20200620_120742.jpg

Same internal dimensions as a Trasheroo. Unzipping the front will make taking out my "trash can" a lot easier.

PVC that's not even glued together. Bag hangs in it and a secured by the bulldog clips. I pull the entire frame out and set it up next to where I need a trash can.
IMG_20200704_165234.jpg

I don't really care for the Trasharoo, but the material and front zips on this are very appealing. I'd buy one, especially once the tailgate option is figured out.

I don't really care for the Trasharoo, but the material and front zips on this are very appealing. I'd buy one, especially once the tailgate option is figured out.
I had my Trasharoo on the back of the Tacoma for a while. I just bought a scratch protection mat (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TS3JFTY).
  • Cut it a little wider than twice width of the Trasharoo or Oscar's and long enough to completely wrap the tailgate. You can go wider to make the mat thicker and add padding.
  • Fold the edges over so it's a little wider than the Trasharoo and run a strip of duct tape on the edges to keep folds in place. I folded edges to the center so the duct tape was on the center line.
  • Tape the ends so the tube you just created doesn't roll under the bag and you end up with the duct tape side in contact with paint.
  • With the duct tape side out, wrap the tailgate so the ends meet on the inside. I used bulldog clips to hold it in place while I placed the Trasharoo over the mat.
Mine was on a short time but I suspect the bottom edge of the tailgate would wear out first and cut through the mat. Door edge protection trim and/or split rubber hose would help there.

I had my Trasharoo on the back of the Tacoma for a while. I just bought a scratch protection mat (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TS3JFTY).
  • Cut it a little wider than twice width of the Trasharoo or Oscar's and long enough to completely wrap the tailgate. You can go wider to make the mat thicker and add padding.
  • Fold the edges over so it's a little wider than the Trasharoo and run a strip of duct tape on the edges to keep folds in place. I folded edges to the center so the duct tape was on the center line.
  • Tape the ends so the tube you just created doesn't roll under the bag and you end up with the duct tape side in contact with paint.
  • With the duct tape side out, wrap the tailgate so the ends meet on the inside. I used bulldog clips to hold it in place while I placed the Trasharoo over the mat.
Mine was on a short time but I suspect the bottom edge of the tailgate would wear out first and cut through the mat. Door edge protection trim and/or split rubber hose would help there.
Solid recommendation. Long-term I plan to get a bumper/tire carrier for this truck that would mean I really only need a short-term solution and this might be just the thing. Much appreciated.

Bumping this up from the grave to ask a question about how folks are using the Last US Bag "Oscar's Mobile Hideout" - Specifically, is anyone using the cutting board?

It's an interesting inclusion - I like that it's dual-purpose (also stiffens the structure of the bag), and it's a good size board, but I'm genuinely curious if it's getting used. In my case, I have a similarly large-sized board that also serves to divide the two halves of my kitchen case, so the LUSB one is redundant, but since I don't see other folks mention it, I'm curious how it's getting used. I guess if you have a "tailgate" kitchen it's a not-terrible way to have a larger board nearby.

I've got some ideas for adding a little quick-deploy workstation to the back of my rig, so I'm probably going to swap out the board in favor of something stiff enough to use as a work platform.

Back
Top Bottom