A better trail trash bag?

My Trasharoo lasted about five years. I always took it off when not on a trip and I washed it soapy water after every trip . I believe both helped the bag last as long as it did.

I ordered a G.A.R.B. and should be getting it this week.

Didn't you once say something along the lines of; buy quality gear once etc etc? I have a smaller version of their bag and its cheaper. Its held up better than a Trasharoo.

I’ve said that many, many times.

citing my sources...
Capturex.PNG

Great input guys! I'll make sure the manufacturer sees these comments! Keep them coming!

@WashingtonTaco any thoughts?

Material that is UV resistant and smooth like a dry bag so dirt and grime doesn't cling to the surface. Good quality zippers. I like a couple external pockets big enough to hold a couple rolls of T.P. that have been vacuum bagged flat and some wet wipes. Machine washable.

Last edited:
Some features I'd like to see is.
Either MOLLE webbing for the attachment of an E-Tool or a pocket large enough to fit one.
A good lip/flap inside the bag that one can attache a garbage bag to.
Center strap to prevent sagging.

A smaller size that works on tailgates and better UV resistance. Has anyone tried treated theirs with the Nikwax UV product?

A smaller size that works on tailgates and better UV resistance. Has anyone tried treated theirs with the Nikwax UV product?

My experience with Nikwax on my FlipPac was not good in the fact that it caused dirt to cling to it like a son of a gun. It looked like hell because of the Nikwax.

Good to know, I won't waste the money then. The thing is really too large for my uses anyways and I ought to sell it; it's still new in the box it shipped in. :(

My Trasharoo is dying and I need something that lasts longer in the sun. Here is your chance to influence the development.

Besides UV resistance, what would you like to see in a "spare tire trash bag" type carrier?

Dual compartments (one for trash, one for recovery gear)? Logo? Buckle closure or? Size?

Discuss!

Bringing this back up. Thanks for all your input, lots of ideas and lots of eyeballs on this thread. Let's see what the aftermarket comes up with next!

Back
Top Bottom