'64 Chevy II Wagon

OverlandMike

Adventurist
Founding Member
Well as the title says, these are a few of my non shed, shed items that I use outdoors. :D

1964 Chevy II Wagon

novawagon4.jpg

novawagon3.jpg

1965 Chevy C10 Panel Truck

PICT6230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike! Yer killing me! That panel truck is sweet, but I sold my much loved and enjoyed 65 Wagon to finance our trailer build........

Here's my "grandma" Buick...the Heavyweight 68.

Topbmp.jpg

Its totally stock...really. ;)

Mike, as soon as I saw your Nova I knew Jim was gonna die a little inside...he loved that '65.

The Panel is nothing but sweet, I'm diggin it.

My grandma owned a dry cleaning shop in Memphis. Back in the day she had two of the Chevy panel wagons for delivery trucks. If I only knew then what I know now!

Know i just hate you Mike. ;) If you ever get tired of that ugle ;) 65 panel i'll take it and throw it on the Suburban chassis.

My 1976 Cadillac El Dorado. Found in Idaho in 2003. Bought from the original little old lady owner from Grangeville Idaho. She must have used it only twice per week. Once on Sundays, and once a week to the grocery store. Still smells new inside!

2006_07011976CadillacEldorado002-1.jpg

Last edited:
Photo Bucket is going through a new beta test. There are problems. It's seems that I can not make my links work right. They work for days, and then disappear. Since I can no longer edit my post's, I am trying to post a new pic here of my 1976 Cadillac El Dorado. I have no idea what is happening. I think that editing post's should be maintained, so we can repair problems like this. Just sayin'

2008_0801CruisinGrandAug8080068.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I still haven't gotten the "driver" panel on the road. As I got more into it, I kept finding more problems. This greatly stalled the project.

Then a week ago, coming back from a Nova meetup, it looks like I lost the bottom end of the engine in the wagon. It is making a knocking sound and all the tests did not show any problems in the top end. Draining the oil filter, I saw the tell tail signs of bearing material. Engine has to come out... Sucks.

Then a week ago, coming back from a Nova meetup, it looks like I lost the bottom end of the engine in the wagon. It is making a knocking sound and all the tests did not show any problems in the top end. Draining the oil filter, I saw the tell tail signs of bearing material. Engine has to come out... Sucks.

Yeah, but on the bright side - now you can build a better, stronger faster engine for the little deuce wagon. Keep us posted.

While these are in my neighbor's shed and not mine, I am doing all of the metal work on the '68 so I have some claim to it. He wants to have a semi matching pair to cruise in with the 2010 GT500 and 1968 Mustang.

IMG00039-20121122-1226.jpg

What motor was in the Waggy Mike?

Chevy 250 inline 6 with Clifford intake, header and a Holley 390cfm 4 barrel carb. I put about a 1000 miles on it but it only has 5300 miles from being built by an engine replacement company.

Chevy 250 inline 6 with Clifford intake, header and a Holley 390cfm 4 barrel carb. I put about a 1000 miles on it but it only has 5300 miles from being built by an engine replacement company.

Nice...I appreciate a nicely rodded straight six.

That's how mine started out - 250 inline. I was ready to drop cash on a Clifford intake, 390 Holley and headers but then it lost some cam lobes and I simultaneously found a sweet deal on a fresh built 350.

Yeah, everyone say it's time for a V8 but even though I have a spare 350 in the garage, that's not the only cost. Engine towers, special Chevy II oil pan and pickup, having to redo the exhaust system, redo the cooling system, etc. It all adds up and creates its own problems. If I decide to go V8, my plans was an aftermarket front clip and doing an LSx swap. That's not in the cards at this point.

Either rebuilding this or swapping another 250 is what is going to happen. Pulling the engine this weekend and see what I got.

Somebody point SWR in the direction of Mitch's write up on how to post pics here without PB :)

Back
Top Bottom