2021 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some important information from the first post for those that forgot to print the hold harmless

● The closest spot to print your hold harmless that you forgot (22.3 miles)

○ Staples, 33730 Yucaipa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399

Also, make sure you bring some candy and decorations for Saturday nights Trunk or Treat following the Camp Cook-off awards

View attachment 58319

Be advised: SR 38 open to one way traffic until 1400 each day Thursday and Friday From the JCT of 18 to big bear city.

SR 38
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 0.5 MI WEST OF BIG BEAR /AT CLARK LANE TO THE JCT OF SR 18 /IN BIG BEAR/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) FROM 0800 HRS TO 1400 HRS WEDNESDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 10/29/21 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE

Gas price in Angelus Oaks

IMG_20211027_134132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
***Here is the "Hold Harmless Agreement" the camp requires, attached to this post - PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN AND BRING WITH YOU!***

**Fire Restrictions ARE in effect!**

1. NO fires. Period!
2. NO CHARCOAL.
3. Propane stoves/devices are OK.

Information on the Potluck and Camp Cooking Competition: LINK

-DAILY SCHEDULE:

Thursday, Oct 28

12:00 pm Gates / Registration Opens

5:00 pm Registration Closed

6:00 pm Propane Fire Pit at Center Stage

11:00 pm Quiet Time

Friday, Oct 29

9:30 am Registration Opens

10:30 am Class: Tread Lightly! Tread Principles - Instructor: Dave

12:30 pm Class: I4WDTA Vehicle 360 - Instructor: Dave

3:30 pm Class: Alone in the Wilderness - Instructor: Dave

5:00 pm Registration Closed

6:00 pm Propane Fire Pit at Center Stage

Saturday, Oct 30

9:30 am Registration Opens

10:30 am Class: I4WDTA Vehicle 360 - Instructor: Dave

12:30 pm Class: Alone in the Wilderness - Instructor: Dave

2:00 pm Registration Closed

2:30 pm Kids Scavenger Hunt prizes

3:00 pm Prepare dishes for Camp Cooking Competition

5:00 pm Pot-Luck & Camp Cooking Competition

6:00 pm Camp Cooking Awards: TBD

6:15 pm Propane Fire Pit at Center Stage

7:00 pm Trunk or Treat

Sunday, Oct 31

09:00 am Community Photo

09:30 am RAFFLE

11:00 am Clean up camp, leave it better than we found it. DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH BEHIND, NOT EVEN IN CANS!

12:00 pm Mountain Rendezvous 2021 Closed

Comm Plan:
CB: Ch 38 for calling
FRS: For short-range Ch 3 tone 8
HAM: Simplex 146.52 & 146.460

The Vision:
1. California Casual: Come as you are!
2. Laid Back: No schedule other than the date.
3. Mountain Man Rendezvous meets Overland Meet and Greet.
4. Swap Meet: Bring things to trade or sell or barter (this is NOT a commercial event!).
5. Meet People: Network, maybe teach each other a few things and check out cool rigs.

The Ground Rules:
1. Common Sense.
2. Respect for Others.
3. Self Sufficiency.
4. Tread Lightly.
5. Leave it better than the way we found it!
6. Speed limit in camp is 5 mph, strictly enforced for safety (kids, dogs). Make no dust.

Additional information for Rendezvous Participants:

● DO NOT leave any trash behind. No garbage, not even in the metal cans, will be left on site. Pack OUT what you pack in!
● Please greatly reduce your speed whenever you are driving in and out of the venue or when traveling on local roads to recreation sites.
● All dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, no exceptions.
● No open fires. Period!
● Alcohol is prohibited during scheduled Rendezvous activities (classes, trail runs). If you feel the need to ignore this rule on the trail or elsewhere you will be asked to leave.
● Firearm laws of the State of California are observed. There are no shooting activities at this event and no firearms are to be discharged on BSA properties.
This is not an RV event. RV's, toy haulers, traditional camper trailers, 5th wheels, and Class A or C motorhomes are not allowed.
● No generators please. Enjoy the sounds of the forest and new friends!
● No other motorized vehicles such as quads, SXS or ATVs are to be used on the BSA properties without the express permission of the staff.
● OHVs are expected to have common safety equipment and must be registered and insured in accordance with the owner/operators state to operate on CA roadways. Additionally, vehicles should be similarly equipped with front and rear recovery points as well as winch/recovery equipment based upon the trails and conditions.
● Flush toilets are provided at this venue.
● Potable water access will be available.
● Electrical connections are not available.
● The closest gas station is at Angelus Oaks, Mentone or Big Bear so please plan accordingly!
Quiet time is 1100 PM!
● Cell reception is extremely limited around the area.
● Trained EMT’s and First Responders will be on site in case of emergency.

● Did we mention Tread Lightly? That means take ALL your trash with you when you leave. Leave nothing behind, no garbage not even in trash cans!

- Please note that this is NOT a commercial event: Personal accountability and self-sufficiency is an expectation in this group! Pack OUT what you pack in! Be an ADVENTURIST!

:tread

Learn from my mistake. Found my camping gear covered in water from the recent showers here in SoCal.

I honestly thought everything in my camping container was going to be good since it was nicely packed and " covered it". Dead wrong. I had the plan
to pull our sleeping bags to give them a fresh wash before the trip, thank goodness I did it today. Found my container half full of water.
So currently washing everything and lay everything else out so it can dry out tomorrow. Hopefully, crossing my fingers.

Check your gear!!!

Learn from my mistake. Found my camping gear covered in water from the recent showers here in SoCal.

I honestly thought everything in my camping container was going to be good since it was nicely packed and " covered it". Dead wrong. I had the plan
to pull our sleeping bags to give them a fresh wash before the trip, thank goodness I did it today. Found my container half full of water.
So currently washing everything and lay everything else out so it can dry out tomorrow. Hopefully, crossing my fingers.

Check your gear!!!

:panic

I wanted to extend a hearty "Thank You" to the entire Adventurist staff, and everyone who attended this year's Rendezvous!

This event was my "return" to a bit of normalcy after spending the last two years helping my Mother through a terminal illness. It was a wonderful reminder of the activities and people in which I find joy. Cheers to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom