2020 Jeep Gladiator

From the Jeep Gladiator forum...

I’m not sure what the details on this Jeep Gladiator are, but it was spotted in Novi, Michigan and looks like it could be riding on 2" Mopar lift kit, beadlock wheels and 37" tires.

IMG_0969.JPG

For those of you interested The Build it section of the Jeep website now includes the 2020 Gladiator... just without pricing... but you can see options available. It will show you what your options look like also. I am not 100% sure but it might be the only modern pick up available with a manual trans also...

For those of you interested The Build it section of the Jeep website now includes the 2020 Gladiator... just without pricing... but you can see options available. It will show you what your options look like also. I am not 100% sure but it might be the only modern pick up available with a manual trans also...
Tacoma has a manual. Good luck finding one though.

MOAR!!!!!! Clearly identifies to skip the overland version...

Funny... looks as if the Overland version (replaces Sahara as a trim option for JT?) is more of a bling package than overland... or is it? ;)

Rubicon continues to be the one to get.

Funny... looks as if the Overland version (replaces Sahara as a trim option for JT?) is more of a bling package than overland... or is it? ;)

Rubicon continues to be the one to get.
The only caveat to that is if you need the 1600# payload, the Rubi does not work. For my purposes, I would need to go with the Sport, and upgrade to give it a little more capability. Realistically, rocker protection, some skids, a winch and a rear locker and I think it would be more than capable for how I would use it... and hopefully retain enough payload to tote my camper.

That is, if I could afford it, which I can but won't. :)

Savvy Offroad got their hands on one and ran it in the stock class of King of the Hammers. Robby Gordon drove the first part through the desert and Eric Miller (who took second in the main race) drove the rock portion. Beat the hell out of it, but finished. Word is the course was done without lockers as in the last minute rush to wire the ARB compressor mistakes were made and the compressor did not work. Pretty impressive for a vehicle with that wheelbase and was a lot of fun to watch.

If you are curious what they were and were not allowed to change here is the KOH rule book, section 8.3 has the details https://www.ultra4racing.com/sites/default/files/ULTRA4-rule-book.pdf

back up cam.jpg
bed.jpg
door 2.jpg
doors.jpg
frame.jpg
rear 2.jpg
rear.jpg
skid.jpg
slider 2.jpg
slider.jpg
tail light 2.jpg
tail light.jpg
winch.jpg

You can tell how fast that thing was thrown together, no gussets on those sliders. What tires are those?

You can tell how fast that thing was thrown together, no gussets on those sliders. What tires are those?

They are 35" Falken MT, which is the largest size allowed in stock class. The information I have is that this is a pre-production "crusher" vehicle that Savvy had for about a week before the race and had to prep along with all of the other vehicles they had at least 6 vehicles spread across the different classes that I know of, maybe more.

Yeah, it looks like it just rolled off the show room floor before it arrived at Johnson Valley. :D It would be interesting to learn the modifications they performed to get it ready for the course. Battle-tested though.

Second pic shows these are Falken Wildpeak M/Ts.
Still hoping to see a 2-door version with a shorter wheelbase and overall length.
Similar but different tires. The spare is a Falken MT but the rolling set is different - "blockier" profile and sans fine tread lug siping, whereas the spare in the second image does appear to be on OTS Wildpeak M/T (the same I have on my truck that I was quite pleased with). I suspect the 4 on the ground are stickier compound, less siped, racing editions.

They are 35" Falken MT, which is the largest size allowed in stock class. The information I have is that this is a pre-production "crusher" vehicle that Savvy had for about a week before the race and had to prep along with all of the other vehicles they had at least 6 vehicles spread across the different classes that I know of, maybe more.
Similar but different tires. The spare is a Falken MT but the rolling set is different - "blockier" profile and sans fine tread lug siping, whereas the spare in the second image does appear to be on OTS Wildpeak M/T (the same I have on my truck that I was quite pleased with). I suspect the 4 on the ground are stickier compound, less siped, racing editions.

Ok, correction to my post I asked some questions, it was going to run with Falken but due to driver advertising contracts, it was switched to Nitto at the last minute for the race

Back
Top Bottom