2020 Jeep Gladiator

I don't know if that's how they see it, but I do know that they are seeing the value our market in a big way, and of bling and partnerships (look at all the visible branding in these FCA photos that are NOT Jeep or MOPAR parts).

I think the fuel can thing also panders to the quad and motorcycle crowd.

Hopefully they want to tow if that's the case. I see the fuel cans as eye-roll inducing as the first aid kits Nissan had put in the Xterra. Like there wasn't any other interior room to store a little nylon case, so we're gonna make this "blister" on the rear hatch as a design element, cause you know... adventure. But, of course this grabs the imagination more than a fact sheet that says "500 mile range."

Anybody else bothered by the fact they see our market as wanting integrated jerry cans rather than a larger gas tank?

Well to be honest I wouldn't expect that in these show vehicles.

Media: "Sooooo...... this looks like a regular Gladiator. What's going on here? Hidden jump jets and ejection seats?"

Jeep: "It's got a larger gas tank."

Media: "..."

Media: "Riiiiight. So. What's going on with that one over there?"

That photo of the guy sitting in the studio under the awning looks exactly like my setup, except my AluCab and Maggiolina are attached to my 200. Even his shirt fits like mine do when I sit!

Got any pictures of your Alu-Cab?
I used one on a 79 Series LC and really liked its versatility...

...I see the fuel cans as eye-roll inducing as the first aid kits Nissan had put in the Xterra. Like there wasn't any other interior room to store a little nylon case, so we're gonna make this "blister" on the rear hatch as a design element, cause you know... adventure. But, of course this grabs the imagination more than a fact sheet that says "500 mile range."

LOL, we bought an xterra new back then. It was my wifes DD. I took the first kit out when we traded it. I still have the kit. It's black with a big white cross. It fits in my jeep fine, but now that I think about it, the ointment may be expired.:D

I wonder how that tank and ultimately the vehicle will survive a side collision.

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept is a true overlanding vehicle that takes advantage of the all-new Gladiator's class-leading payload to allow adventure-seekers to go far off the beaten path. The Jeep Wayout is a functional concept that showcases a full roof-top tent and custom, large sprawling canopy.

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models. A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting helps travelers set up camp when the day is done.

For added convenience, two custom-fit auxiliary fuel tanks are integrated into the bedsides. Also, an ARB on-board air system with a body-mounted quick-disconnect air supply line allows adventurers to travel further off the grid.

For additional capability, a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires, providing a distinct retro feeling harking back to the original Willys pickups that paved the way for modern Jeep trucks. Furthermore, a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

Jeep Wayout has a custom integrated roof-rack system for packing gear up top, and the truck bed houses a Mopar/Decked bed-drawer system for added lockable dry storage on long treks. Inside, bed-lined floors, plus trimmed brown leather seats with laser-etched inserts of topographical maps, have been added.

The Jeep Wayout is powered by the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

View attachment 44648

View attachment 44649

View attachment 44651

View attachment 44652

View attachment 44653

View attachment 44654

View attachment 44655

View attachment 44650

We’ll never know as I highly doubt that feature ever makes it past concept car status...
Probably. Fun for photo ops and maybe aftermarket. It does hint at additional storeage better using hollow space. Kind of like Ram’s bedside boxes and this S.American

A9D92F34-EB45-4B6A-A08B-F6112A0DD9B6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A little dose of reality.

And this is why despite liking these trucks I will pass on one. I already own a paid off lifestyle truck that is just as easy to build as a Jeep and in my experience way more reliable. As brought to light in the video if I’m going to drop this much cash for a truck it’s going to be for a truck to do trucky things and not be a plaything.

Sorry Jeep, I really wanted to re-enter the fold but your over pricing and questionable quality is making that hard to rationalize.

@Haggis, the same could be said for any hobby car... Plug in Lambo, new vette, etc. The bummer is that jeep used to be the poor-man's hobby car. The JKs and JLs have been slowly pushing the price point up. I drove a stock TJ the other day. Stock TJs are rarer than hen's teeth. So simple inside and out. I almost bought it... I still see a gladiator in my future, but as I near retirement, I'm picturing it as my last truck.

I'm picturing it as my last truck.

Yeah, gotcha vibe there brother. I’m thinking two more trucks for me and I waffle as to what flavor of truck will be best. Mechanical and electrical reliability are paramount concerns and I’ll hold off to see if Jeep improves on those. But if that J6 is produced I might just eat my words. That regular cab truck is sweet.

Back
Top Bottom