2020 DESERT RENDEZVOUS POTLUCK & CAMPCOOKING COMPETITION Sponsored by L.T. WRIGHT KNIVES

What are you contributing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
It is time again for the Desert Rendezvous so that means it is time for all of you chefs out there to start planning what marvelous dishes you are going to create to win fantastic prizes and the awe and respect of your fellow Adventurists. Whether you are participating in the potluck or the Camp Cooking Competition, part of the fun of this weekend is sharing your favorite camp foods.

We don't need to explain the POTLUCK, but the competitors that enter the Camp Cooking Competition will receive an additional raffle ticket (one per registered member that competes regardless of number of dishes made).

Yes, there will be PRIZES for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

If you choose to compete in the Camp Cooking Competition, the rules are pretty simple:

1. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING.
2. Simple prep work can be done at home or in camp, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at MAIN FIRE RING.
3. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.

Voting will be done as in the past:

1. Everyone will get three tickets to use to vote for the dishes they like best.
2. Use one, two, or all three tickets to vote for your favorite(s).
3. The dish with the most votes WINS! And yes you can vote for your own dish.

Please vote in the poll so we can get a rough idea of what is needed. Peach Cobbler is great, but if everyone is bringing desserts, folks might want more variety.

Responses to the poll and this list will be viewable to the other members. Don't get called out for being "that guy". ;)

Please see me at the check in booth up until 1500 on Saturday to give me the exact title of your dish and get your assigned spot on the judging table(s) to make voting for the Camp Cooking Competition go smoothly.

After you post in this thread, I'll update the list with your screen name, RSVP# and what specifically you plan on bringing. If you're not sure yet, no worries.

Gentle reminder: If you show up with a HUGE empty food tray but failed to contribute, you're THAT GUY...

SPONSORED by L.T. WRIGHT KNIVES

IMG_6872-1-1024x683.jpg

It is time again for the Desert Rendezvous so that means it is time for all of you chefs out there to start planning what marvelous dishes you are going to create to win fantastic prizes and the awe and respect of your fellow Adventurists. Whether you are participating in the potluck or the Camp Cooking Competition, part of the fun of this weekend is sharing your favorite camp foods.

The competition rules are pretty simple. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING. Simple prep work can be done at home or in camp, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at MAIN FIRE RING. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.

Voting will be done as in the past. Everyone will get three tickets to use to vote for the dishes they like best. Use one, two, or all three tickets for your favorite(s). The dish with the most votes WINS! And yes you can vote for your own dish.

Please vote in the poll so we can get a rough idea of what is needed. Peach Cobbler is great, but if everyone is bringing desserts, folks might want more variety. ;)
Responses to the poll and this list will be viewable to the other members. Don't get called out for being "that guy". ;)
All competitors that enter the Camp Cook-off will receive an additional raffle ticket. One per registered member that competes.

*ONE EXTRA TICKET PER COMPETITOR REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF DISHES MADE*

Please see me at the check in booth up until 1500 on Saturday to give me the exact title of your dish and get your assigned spot on the judging table(s) to make voting for the Camp Cooking Competition go smoothly.

After you post in this thread, I'll update the list with your screen name, RSVP# and what specifically you plan on bringing. If you're not sure yet, no worries.

Gentle reminder: If you show up with a HUGE empty food tray but failed to contribute, you're THAT GUY.

More to follow soon.
What is the competition time limit?

No real time limit, start as early as you like, but have it ready to serve at the designated time. We wont disqualify you if it is late or anything, but the later it gets there the less people get to try it and the less votes you are likely to receive.

While the "official" schedule of events has not been posted, in the past we have tried to start the line moving down the tables by 1700/5:00 on Saturday evening. Most folks start cooking around 1500/3:00 at the MAIN FIRE RING. We like this because it allows everyone to learn tips and tricks to be better camp cooks.

There is a soft deadline of 1500 to get your name and dish name to me if you are competing. (I will be at the check-in table until 1500.) This will ensure your proper spot on the tables for judging.

Point of clarification? If I (registered member) want to enter an entree, and my wife (my +1) were to enter a side dish, would they count as separate entries with each of us getting a raffle ticket?

Point of clarification? If I (registered member) want to enter an entree, and my wife (my +1) were to enter a side dish, would they count as separate entries with each of us getting a raffle ticket?

If you compete you get a ticket, what dishes do we get to try?

I will be bringing a main dish, probably dutch oven carnitas enchilada casserole. She is considering a greek style appetizer (side dish) with fresh baked pita.

See me at the checkin table to sign up for competition and get voting table assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom