2020 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. The location of this even prevents the motorhomes and RV from arriving. There is a 14day free camping area about a mile to a mile and a half away. Please park out there and drive the jeep or walk to the check in table with the hold harmless agreement for each member of the party. BLM was very clear that they did not want RV’s in the Permitted area. Long story/ short put into my words is Last years RTR kinda rouined it for others.

Thanks for the feedback. So what is the limitation? Are trailers allowed?

Thanks for the feedback. So what is the limitation? Are trailers allowed?
we did not get a permit for RV’s. BLM doesnt want them in our location. Small cargo trailers and or trail ready tow behinds should be ok. At least they will be off their radar. You will see on sight the difference in the one mile trail where they allow RV’s and travel trailers and where they don't. They are trying to preserve this area for groups like AAV and other 4x4 based groups.
Lots of ground clearance. There’s two washes to go in and out of. Two weeks ago they were high clearance Subbie capable If you took your time and moved a few rocks. but it rained good out there last week. Not sure how tore up it is now.

You have have this event each year in the Quartzite area of does it change every year? Also, how many people usually attend this event? Is this a small version of the Overland Expo?

You have have this event each year in the Quartzite area of does it change every year? Also, how many people usually attend this event? Is this a small version of the Overland Expo?
We do 3 a year, Desert, Mountain (near Big Bear in CA) and Appalachian in Troy NC. This is the first year in Quartzite, the desert event moves around but I would expect it to remain in Arizona.

As far as a small overland expo, not really. Overland Expo is about the vendors, Rendezvous is about community. Though many vendors are there, there are not any vendor booths they attend to kick back, camp and enjoy what brought them to the industry in the first place. If they happen to make a sale sitting around a campfire, or deliver something that was previously purchased thats fine, but it is not what the event is about.

Please take my name off the list. I have been battling this flue crap and it's not getting better at this point so there is no need to be a 1 man epidemic and infect the group.

Drifting through Texas... west of the Pecos

137D2CCF-E3FF-4634-990B-2FE109BD9EE5.jpeg

In light of the news about what rigs can and can’t get to the site, I guess we will have to cancel. Heartbreak! We were planning to bring our Sprinter with our TJ on a (rented) flatbed trailer because it isn’t set up for a hitch yet. It doesn’t sound fun to be parked a mile+ away from the group. So sorry to miss this! We live in LA County, so if the Sprinter is welcome at Mountain Rendezvous, we can drive it and the TJ up there separately. No more tent camping for us. Thanks.

I am out, so sorry to say give up spot 49. I had a trip and fall at work yesterday and strained BOTH hamstrings. Just walking is umbareable with a walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom