2020 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlaricM
BLM advises there is a free map bundle of that area downloadable to your phone or tablet. I havent had much luck with their site so i picked up a paper map for the map table. People should be able to take photos of the map table and then zoom in to the area of interest. Its worked out well in the past. Heres the link to the BLM map site if any of you want to give it a shot.

https://www.avenzamaps.com/maps/808561/blm-arizona-la-posa-access-guide-bundle

I want a copy of this map, which one is it so I can print one out? USGS #? I'll bring my compass.

Also, I saw there's some cool stuff to check out in the Kofa wildlife refuge there, anyone have any plans in those parts?

The USGS map I found for the area is named Qaurtzite Quadrangle and its under the 7.5 minute series. It's from 2018 and it's a 1:24000 Scale.

The one @Yumafolks posted up is a little better IMO, but uses a lot of ink if you plan to print it out.

Attachments

• 20200215_171817.jpg
    20200215_171817.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 50
If anyone would like a Printed map of the area; Let me know. They are $5 each at the BLM office here in Yuma. Message me here or text my cell no later than Noon on Tuesday and I can pick them up before I leave town to head to the event. 928-502-0284
image.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 8.55.19 PM.png

I suggest saving this to your phone for easy reference. It can also be found in the first post along with the Hold Harmless agreement.

Pro Tip: Print and sign your hold Harmless now and put it in your glove box along with your $40 to make check in easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom