2019 MRV Pot-Luck & Camp Cooking Competition sponsored by L. T. WRIGHT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
Now that the RSVP list is full and waitlist closed, it is time to talk turkey. Or the meat & potatoes. Or just desserts. It is time for the Potluck Dinner and Camp Cooking Competition.

Saturday at 1700 will be the world famous Rendezvous Potluck Dinner and Camp Cooking Cooking Competition sponsored by L. T. Wright Handcrafted Knives.

LTWK-Logo-4 250px.png

If you're planning on competing you MUST cook at the main fire ring, though the use of charcoal is NOT guaranteed. Prep work done at home is acceptable. No open flame allowed throughout the site. Hopefully fire restrictions won't get too severe. All forms of cooking are open to the competition. DO, Skottle, BBQ, MOJOE griddle, frying pan, etc.
We'd like for everyone to have the opportunity to see your creations being made and hopefully learn to be even better cooks out on the trail.

THERE WILL BE A 1st, 2nd AND 3rd PLACE PRIZE AWARDED FOR THE BEST DISHES! Voting will be the same as before; everyone will get THREE voting tickets to put into the voting tins of the competitors dish. One, two, or all three as you see fit. Competitors CAN (and hopefully will) vote for there own dish. Children get a vote as well, but parents please help them out.

CAMP COOKING COMPETITORS WILL RECIEVE AN EXTRA RAFFLE TICKET!

*ONE EXTRA TICKET PER COMPETITOR REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF DISHES MADE*

Please see me at the check in booth up until 1500 on Saturday to give me the exact title of your dish and get your assigned spot on the judging table(s) to make voting for the Camp Cooking Competition go smoothly.

It is bad form to show up on Saturday at 1700 with an empty food tray and not have contributed to the potluck or being a competitor in the cookout.

To ensure a well balanced meal, if y'all post up in this thread I'll provide a compiled list as to what is coming, i.e. MAIN, SIDE, or DESSERT. If we appear to be heavy on say side dishes please consider bringing a dessert for example. This only applies to the POTLUCK. COOKOFF COMPETITION entries are whatever you're skilled at making.

Who will bring the winning dish this year.....? Will it be you?? Will @TACMEDIC return with those amazing wings? Be there Saturday afternoon with an empty plate and huge appetites to find out!!!!

Attachments

• 2F8A15EB-9C97-4527-93FB-5B8F32997B58.jpeg
    2F8A15EB-9C97-4527-93FB-5B8F32997B58.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
Update to this awesome event at MRV coming soon!!

Get your name in the hat to participate and win prizes from an amazing sponsor!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom