2019 DRV POTLUCK & CAMP COOKING COMPETITION Sponsored by TEMBO TUSK

What are you bringing for the Potluck

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Adventurist
Founding Member
It is time again for the Desert Rendezvous so that means it is time for all of you chefs out there to start planning what marvelous dishes you are going to create to win fantastic prizes from TEMBO TUSK and the awe and respect of your fellow Adventurists. Whether you are participating in the potluck or the Camp Cooking Competition, part of the fun of this weekend is sharing your favorite camp foods.

The rules are pretty simple. Prepare a dish of any sort (entree, side, or dessert) on site at the Rendezvous at the MAIN FIRE RING. Simple prep work can be done at home, but please no cooking at home and simply rewarming at camp. Make as much or as little as you wish. The more folks that get to to eat your dish, the more potential voters and hence votes you could get.

Voting will be done as in the past. Everyone will get three tickets to use to vote for the dishes they like best. Use one, two, or all three tickets for your favorite(s). The dish with the most votes WINS! And yes you can vote for your own dish.

Please vote in the poll so we can get a rough idea of what is needed. Peach Cobbler is great, but if everyone is bringing desserts folks might want more variety. ;)
Responses to the poll and this list will be viewable to the other members. Don't get called out for being "that guy". ;)
All competitors that enter the Camp Cook-off will receive an additional raffle ticket. One per registered member that competes.

*ONE EXTRA TICKET PER COMPETITOR REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF DISHES MADE*

Please see me at the check in booth up until 1500 on Saturday to give me the exact title of your dish and get your assigned spot on the judging table(s) to make voting for the Camp Cooking Competition go smoothly.

After you post in this thread, I'll update the list with your screen name, RSVP# and what specifically you plan on bringing. If you're not sure yet, no worries.

Gentle reminder: If you show up with a HUGE empty food tray but failed to contribute, you're THAT GUY.

More to follow soon.

Last edited:
COMPETITORS

MAIN DISH

1. MountainManVuk
2. Paul_fj40 (Tembo Stew)
3. Mccaf Hatch Green Chile & Pork
4. Yumafolks DO Tri Tip
5. Tim R. Pulled Pork
6. n2thewildoverland Nikki's Famous Chilli

SIDE DISH

1. TACMEDIC Overland Spuds
2. Bald_taco Sausage Stuffing
3. sherpasd Potato Salad

DESSERT

1. GAVIN (Bread pudding w/whiskey sauce)
2. jfanaselle S.mores Bake
3. jismay Homemade Cookies
4. offcamber Salted Caramel

Last edited:
POTLUCK

MAIN

SIDE DISH

DESSERT
1. Stuart (oatmeal raisin cookies, homemade)

Last edited:
Hmmmmm..........how do I beat a ton of buffalo wings this time????

1547498023170.png

Greetings Everyone,

Please add me to the Side Dish Competitor List with:

"Overland Spuds"

Why?

Every Overlander should have a Spud (a noun: A tool, similar to a spade used for digging.)

And every Overlander should be Spudding (a verb: camping, to set up a recreational vehicle at a campsite.)

Spuds are best consumed with beer.

What time is the table set? In another words would I have four hours from the start to serving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom