2019 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the organizers supplying firewood again this year? Is this a group campfire scenario? Can we have our own fires?

I was wondering if entering the site via Pinyon Mountain Valley to Fish Creek to the site would be a good idea? How long would it take to get from S2 at PMV to the site? This would be 4x2 - ludicrous? Thanks.

That route would take you through the squeeze and down pinyon drop-off (heart attack hill). Not recommended unless you have an appropriate vehicle, are an experienced driver and not solo. Many YouTube videos on these two areas.

That route would take you through the squeeze and down pinyon drop-off (heart attack hill). Not recommended unless you have an appropriate vehicle, are an experienced driver and not solo. Many YouTube videos on these two areas.

Agreed

I might have to increase the amount of my dish for the Potluck.. :bbq

Only 10 participants? with only 8 competitors? :eat

The POTLUCK Saturday night is one of the highlights of every Rendezvous, especially seeing what amazing dishes can be cooked in Dutch ovens. If you enjoy tasting all these great dishes, don’t forget to bring a dish to contribute or better yet, make one there. You don’t have to compete but we do need to get an idea of how many folks plan on eating. Only potluck contributors and contestants get to eat and vote in the contest. (Only one dish is required per family.) Please go to this thread to indicate what dish you are bringing and whether or not you are competing.

https://americanadventurist.com/for...ing-competition-sponsored-by-tembo-tusk.6595/

Last year, the food was pretty decimated by the end of the line so we will be implementing a ticket system to ensure only participants end up with plates in hand. Please see @Stuart or me with your potluck dish to get your dinner ticket(s) and voting tickets. We’re excited to be less than a week away from another great Desert Rendezvous! And, of course, thanks @TemboTusk for sponsoring this year’s competition.

The POTLUCK Saturday night is one of the highlights of every Rendezvous, especially seeing what amazing dishes can be cooked in Dutch ovens. If you enjoy tasting all these great dishes, don’t forget to bring a dish to contribute or better yet, make one there. You don’t have to compete but we do need to get an idea of how many folks plan on eating. Only potluck contributors and contestants get to eat and vote in the contest. (Only one dish is required per family.) Please go to this thread to indicate what dish you are bringing and whether or not you are competing.

https://americanadventurist.com/for...ing-competition-sponsored-by-tembo-tusk.6595/

Last year, the food was pretty decimated by the end of the line so we will be implementing a ticket system to ensure only participants end up with plates in hand. Please see @Stuart or me with your potluck dish to get your dinner ticket(s) and voting tickets. We’re excited to be less than a week away from another great Desert Rendezvous! And, of course, thanks @TemboTusk for sponsoring this year’s competition.

THIS

Here is the 2019 Schedule

Pro Tip: Save this image or the attached PDF to your phone for easy reference through out the weekend

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 4.03.21 PM.png

Attachments

• DRV 2019 Schedule.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 59
American Adventurist will be hosting a S’mores Roast for kids (and bigger kids) after the BBQ hosted by Goose Gear. Roasting at 6 o’clock on Friday night at the Bonfire.

Chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows provided :)

Bring your stick.

Be at the bonfire at 6pm and see Erika!

F377D064-6021-4F0C-B45A-A15CFA8BDE6E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom