2019 Appalachian Rendezvous: Mountain Bike Thread

mtnbike28

Adventurist
Founding Member
MTB Track – Leader: Jay Capers ( @mtnbike28 )– Location: OEX Uwharrie Training Center (UTC), Between the Barn and the Fence Line at the Entrance

09:00 – Bikers assemble at the designated location. Introduction and Safety Briefing.
09:30 – Depart for Uwharrie NF MTB Trails.
10:00 – Arrive at Trailhead.
13:00 – Return to Rendezvous site, Shadowlands.

Skill Level - Classic east coast single track, lots of roots, rocks and climbing!

The number 1 rule! You must wear a helmet!
The number 2 rule! You must wear a helmet!

We will be riding the Wood Run trail system in Uwharrie, doing the Supertree and Keyauwee maybe a trip down White Tail.

A lap takes a little over an hour with a couple of stops with a group. This is a tough ride for those just starting, but doable and a nice bail point around 45 minutes in.

*** All riders MUST have a helmet, this is a rocky trail! ***

Please comment if you are planning to ride!

mtnbike28

Adventurist
Founding Member
If no one wants to ride single track, I also have a nice 30 mile-ish gravel ride. Best suitable for a gravel or cross bike.

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
MTB Track – Leader: Jay Capers ( @mtnbike28 )– Location: OEX Uwharrie Training Center (UTC), Between the Barn and the Fence Line at the Entrance

09:00 – Bikers assemble at the designated location. Introduction and Safety Briefing.
09:30 – Depart for Uwharrie NF MTB Trails.
10:00 – Arrive at Trailhead.
13:00 – Return to Rendezvous site, Shadowlands.

Skill Level - Classic east coast single track, lots of roots, rocks and climbing!

The number 1 rule! You must wear a helmet!
The number 2 rule! You must wear a helmet!

We will be riding the Wood Run trail system in Uwharrie, doing the Supertree and Keyauwee maybe a trip down White Tail.

A lap takes a little over an hour with a couple of stops with a group. This is a tough ride for those just starting, but doable and a nice bail point around 45 minutes in.

*** All riders MUST have a helmet, this is a rocky trail! ***

Please comment if you are planning to ride!
Thanks for leading this again Jay!

For anyone on the fence about this area or this ride, Jay is the man. Ya'll are in good hands!

:bowdown

Jay - thanks for leading the ride on Friday. I definitely need to get back in better shape before going back there again. However, the ride was exactly what I hoped for, something other than hitting the off-road trails, and getting to check out a new area with a great guide! Much appreciated.

Bryan - good seeing you again this year, and great to share some of that pain on the trail! :D

UMuX9NDFTWqzkOgD+A1fww.jpg

mtnbike28

Adventurist
Founding Member
Jay - thanks for leading the ride on Friday. I definitely need to get back in better shape before going back there again. However, the ride was exactly what I hoped for, something other than hitting the off-road trails, and getting to check out a new area with a great guide! Much appreciated.

Bryan - good seeing you again this year, and great to share some of that pain on the trail! :D

View attachment 46780
I was great riding with y'all - glad you came out!

Top Bottom