2018 Taco TRD Offroad

Looks like Nylon12, it's at least SLS. Pretty resilient stuff and decent with temperature changes and quite inexpensive. We print a ton of stuff in that material.

Yep. Nylon12 and Multi Jet Fusion/HP Nylon Plastic.

"In general parts made of PA 12 show high mechanical strength and elasticity under steady stress in a temperature range from - 40°C till + 80°C. Short time loading of parts made of PA 12 without stress is possible up to 160°C "

Shapways labels it "Versatile Plastic".

Attachments

• PA2200_Product_information_03-10_en.pdf
    288.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I wanted something that would keep water off and dirt and debris out of the RotoPax mount threads. Sure I could have just used a standard bolt but why do that when I already have to carry something threaded for it anyway and have to find a place to store if I used a bolt?

Besides. I'd most likely just loose the bolt.
IMG_20190621_144549.jpg
IMG_20190621_144411.jpg
IMG_20190621_142805.jpg

Replaced the Caliraised LEDs with Rigid Industries. After only a year they were looking pretty ragged with paint peeling and the exposed aluminium oxidizing.
IMG_20190623_144452.jpg

The Rigid LED mounts reuse 1 of the OEM light screws. If you have happen to have thrown it out during a previous light install a #10 sheet metal screw is a suitable replacement. I also would recommend following the suggestion of painting the plastic that will sit behind the plate.

Black Oxide 18-8 SS button head screws to replace the regular SS screws if you're blacking out your taco.

IMG_20190623_144320.jpg

T-slot railing from 80/20 arrived today. Plan is to make racks in the bed and repurpose the Krigia dry bags I had on the 1200GS for the taco.

T-slot railing from 80/20 arrived today. Plan is to make racks in the bed and repurpose the Krigia dry bags I had on the 1200GS for the taco.

Would love to see your plans. Been considering some T-slot myself for my Tacoma bed.

Tacoma is easier to fit on trails and the Tacoma has close to the same cargo weight capacity.
  • Tundra TRD OR double cab with a 6.5' bed has a 1560 lb. cargo capacity.
  • Tacoma TRD OR access cab with a 6' bed has a 1295 lb. cargo capacity.
  • The Tundra tracks wider and has a longer wheelbase than the Tacoma.
On the plus side for Tundra. Loaded down the V8 will handle the load better. It will have a better range too with it's 38 gal tank. Bonus: TransferFlow has a 46 gal replacement tank for the Tundra.

If I was thinking of doing something along the lines of a camper I would have gotten a Tundra.

Would love to see your plans. Been considering some T-slot myself for my Tacoma bed.

This is going to take advantage of the upper internal frame of the ARE camper shell. Each side will have two 1" rails spaced 9" apart on center line running between the frame "legs" parallel to the side window's top and bottom. A 35"x13" Grayman Tactical MOLLE panel will take up about half of the rack on each side with the remaining rails exposed so I can hang other stuff.

MVIMG_20180513_114741.jpg

So. The t-slot railing was cut 1" too short. Checked my notes and checked my order and it looks like I fat fingered the 0 instead of 1 on the number pad. Still waiting for some hardware so not to worried about it but now I've gotta figure out some project for this extra railing I've got. I mean. It would be a shame for it to go to waste. Right?

Got the back mostly done. Removed the dunnage rack.

I throw a black pillow case over the propane bottle in the first pic.
IMG_20190824_143518.jpg
IMG_20190824_143456.jpg
IMG_20190824_143503.jpg

Worth it's "wait" for style and recovery? ;)

SOS Concepts posts on Tacoma World what he has in inventory. Three weeks from add-to-cart to pickup at the depot.

I went back and forth between full and slimline bumpers. Even contemplated CBI's hidden winch mount. Settled on the slimline for weight considerations and that they offer more protection to the engine cooling systems than the hidden winch mount.

SOS Concepts posts on Tacoma World what he has in inventory. Three weeks from add-to-cart to pickup at the depot.

I went back and forth between full and slimline bumpers. Even contemplated CBI's hidden winch mount. Settled on the slimline for weight considerations and that they offer more protection to the engine cooling systems than the hidden winch mount.

Very nice. No Mobtown as planned? I didn't recognize the SOS logo and thought it was the Mobtown bumper.

Very nice. No Mobtown as planned? I didn't recognize the SOS logo and thought it was the Mobtown bumper.
I canceled the Mobtown order at the 21 week mark. I got a chance to talk to Joe. He had 2 guys quit and that put him way behind. It would have been an understandable delay had this been communicated to me but it wasn't. The decision to cancel was already made before we spoke and the only way I would have reconsidered that decision was if I was told it was ready to be picked up right then.

S happens. Mistakes are made. We move on. Joe offered a refund and I have no ill will.

Nice, This is the route I have decided on as well. I just really like the looks of the front end of the ‘15 Tacomas and want to keep that look.

SOS Concepts bumper is on. The power steering cooler move back kit from SOS Concepts is "meh" in my opinion. Victory 4x4's is much better with one cavat. The OEM bolts that holds the cooler in place have a hex head that is too tall to use with Victory's brackets. You'll need some regular M8 hex head bolts.

Bumper prepared.
IMG_20190907_165316.jpg

IMG_20190908_102613.jpg

IMG_20190908_105043.jpg

Point of no return. Don't screw up Greg.
IMG_20190908_113818.jpg

IMG_20190908_125851.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom