2018 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really kills me, Anna and I have been fighting this flu crap for a week, I thought we would be better than this but we are not, Sorry all, Dave please give up my spot to someone who is worthy of this great event. I will monitor the Mt Laguna Repeater off and on. 147.240 + tone 103.5

This really kills me, Anna and I have been fighting this flu crap for a week, I thought we would be better than this but we are not, Sorry all, Dave please give up my spot to someone who is worthy of this great event. I will monitor the Mt Laguna Repeater off and on. 147.240 + tone 103.5

Bummer!

@DevDogg is in that spot now :lawyer

Just a reminder that the event starts on Thursday at noon, please do not show up early. We have specific permits and need to respect the terms with the BLM

We got a spot for my son to drive out is truck. New to him 94 Ford ranger 5 speed. 2wd. Going to be good to use while hauling stuff to the dumpster. Plus he will get better at the clutch. It’s not slave labor if they are smiling right? Hoping to have him work on self recovery tech. Maybe ride up the wash to the wind caves. Had him jack it up this last weekend so we can find the perfect recovery points. Hope to have him use them in a controlled environment. Looking forward to getting out there and sitting by the fire.

Just a reminder that the event starts on Thursday at noon, please do not show up early. We have specific permits and need to respect the terms with the BLM

Heck, I haven't even started packing the van yet, nor done my food shopping. I might be lucky to make it during daylight...

We got a spot for my son to drive out is truck. New to him 94 Ford ranger 5 speed. 2wd. Going to be good to use while hauling stuff to the dumpster. Plus he will get better at the clutch. It’s not slave labor if they are smiling right? Hoping to have him work on self recovery tech. Maybe ride up the wash to the wind caves. Had him jack it up this last weekend so we can find the perfect recovery points. Hope to have him use them in a controlled environment. Looking forward to getting out there and sitting by the fire.
Dumpster? Thought I saw a post that said we were responsible to ferry trash home with us?

Yeah no worries. It was kinda a pain a few years ago to get the big stuff down to the dumpster. A lot of nice rigs being used. Like the back of a subbii. Figured this might help out. Like the idea of using the buckets. I’ll pack a couple shop trash cans and bring them so the buckets can be dumped.

Shannon and Ronan are running a fever, I’m sorry to say but we have to cancel. I’m sorry that I won’t be there to teach the map class. We were really looking forward to this DRV, I would be happy to redo the class at MRV. Have a great time everyone. @BlkWgn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom