2018 BFG 36 Hours of Uwharrie

5C16BDF2-09F9-45D9-B2AF-50AAE41FCE9B.jpeg

A700C3C1-AAE1-4573-ADB0-55F2C9F148D3.jpeg

I have to admit... I saw the trooper checking in as I was leaving on Thursday... and thought, "They don't know what they are getting into"...Easily the least "built" rig that I saw there. Perhaps the fact that they are currently in first place speaks a lot to the competition itself and the variety of challenges. Also speaks to the fact that I should not prejudge :)

I have to admit... I saw the trooper checking in as I was leaving on Thursday... and thought, "They don't know what they are getting into"...Easily the least "built" rig that I saw there. Perhaps the fact that they are currently in first place speaks a lot to the competition itself and the variety of challenges. Also speaks to the fact that I should not prejudge :)
Is that @izzy ’s buddy?

It was awesome to see a Trooper in the lineup.

Indeed. And it just goes to prove my point when I say that all the shiniest gear, and the most blinged out rig with all the best parts, will NOT guarantee victory at 36 Hours of Uwharrie.

The human factor is the most important thing.

Beyond vehicle and gear, there are desirable attributes that make winning teams.

Positive Attitude. Wits. Flexibility. Teamwork. Honor. Respect.

And a good sense of Humor to keep you going as you embrace the suck of being in the forest for days in 90 degree temps and 90% humidity. With very little sleep.

These are the things you need just to be able to COMPLETE this challenge.

#22 Team Super Trooper had all of these things. And they only signed up about a month out from the event too so it's not like they built and prepped for a year like some do. Pretty damn cool to witness.

Back
Top Bottom