2018 Baja 500 (June 1-3)

^^^^We're doing a practice run to San Felipe this weekend! (I called ahead...the bar at Pete's Camp is stocked and ready!).

I've got a separate thread going on that...not getting much traction there...here's the redirect.

https://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/san-felipe-baja-norte-4-20-4-22.5927/

The trip in the other thread and the Baja 500 trip are possibly the most laid back, easy going, safety in numbers, introduction to Baja EVER!

For the Baja 500, Garrett and I can work with you so that you camp in/around/with a BFG Pit crew and you can see what goes on in a BFG pit up close and personal. I'm taking the whole week off for the race, will update my plans as we get more info. We won't know where our pit location will be until a few weeks before the race.

For anyone nibbling at some interest, I'll either be at Pete's Camp on the Sea of Cortez side (San Felipe), or at Coyote Cals, which is a hostel in Erindira, if our pit is on the Pacific side. I'm not going to spoon feed you, if you have interest you can Google Petes's and Coyote Cals and get whatever info you're looking for. If you have questions after looking at their site's, I'll be more than happy to answer them. BTW, an off highway capable vehicle is NOT required, any econo-box will work.

...and there it is. For the first time in many years, I'm unable to come down for this due to multiple reasons. Have fun, Bob!

I know, I'm beyond bummed, but house plumbing takes priority. I'll be breaking my home's foundation next week for pipe repair.

I gave Machelle the bad news, she was bummed that she wouldn't get to see Brittany, Frankie and Benson...oh yeah, and you too... after she thought about it for a minute.:rolleyes: She also pointed out that if you went to Baja the broken pipe would be right where you left it when you got home, worry about it then.:cool:

If we get it done, then maybe! Started tonight!
E5FB48E0-7C40-441E-AE5A-98ACA61A0E41.jpeg

It was nuts down there the 500 crowd was as large a 1000 crowd. Lots of old timer and first timers came out to see the 50th anniversary. We had a GREAT TIME ! I need to look at the results to see how far the all electric didn't go. That car reminded me of when they tried to race a full size semi truck tractor "Wild Thing" in a 1000. If I remember correctly, it made about 175 mile. I would hate to have been the chase crew that had to go in and recover the big pig.

^^^^I worked for Allison Transmission when they built the semi for the race, did some tuning on their transmission for them.

Back
Top Bottom