2018 Baja 1000

bob91yj

Adventurist
Founding Member
It's that time of year again.

Race info can be found here...

http://score-international.com/raceinfo/2018-baja-1000/

For those that don't know me, my wife Machelle and I pit with BF Goodrich pit services. This year we'll be BFG Pit 1, our pit will be in a wide spot on Hwy 3 at the turn off for Mikes Sky Ranch.

If anyone here has ever wanted to see the Baja 1000, or just Baja in general, here's your chance! Any form of reliable transportation will get you around just fine. All you need to have a good time is your vehicle, passport, Mexican auto insurance and maybe $200.

Here's our schedule...

11.14 Drive to San Felipe, camp on the beach at Pete's Camp
11.15 Drive to pit location, camp at the pit that night
11.16 Race day, I suspect the pit will close around 6PM or so, then we'll head back to San Felipe, camp on the beach again.
11.17 Hang out at Pete's Camp, camp on the beach again.
11.18 Head home.

Link to Pete's Camp...

https://petescamp.com/

Last edited:
^^^^Nice...we don't really care about you, are Brittany and the dogs going to be there?:rolleyes:

Yeah, we saw that too, Machelle texted Cindi to find out if that meant in general or in the "pit area" specifically. We still took ours, just left them over by the truck, away from the immediate pit area.

Mac has gotten so old (13) that Machelle won't leave him with anyone else to take care of. If he tips over we don't want a dog sitter feeling guilty because of it. He travels well, so it's no big deal...Ms Penny on the other hand...

For planning the Baja 500 is the weekend after Memorial Day/first weekend in June, the 1000 is the weekend before Thanksgiving!

I usually have an open seat in my truck, have to share the back seat with the dogs... I have a tent, sleeping bag and whatever else one might need to survive a weekend in Baja. Fly in to the San Diego airport, I'll pick you up and then drop you off there. Just keep in mind that you'll be stuck with me (see my avatar), in a third world country for a few days!:cool:

Andy is riding with me. I'm not sure if we'll start in San Felipe, but we'll probably go back to Pete's Camp with you Friday.

I’ve adjusted, but I’m coming down Wednesday night through Sunday! I’ve got campfire news to share, too!

Anyone even considering a SoCal or Baja desert trip this weekend, check the weather...the same Santa Ana winds that are driving the wildfires in CA are blowing sand etc around out in the desert. Winds of 20-30 MPH are expected through the week.

Back
Top Bottom