2017 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have something new this year for Mountain Rendezvous on Friday evening. We invite everyone to joins us at the main campfire ring by the stage to share some of your favorites outdoor stories. We will have all the fixings for the smores, just bring a chair. Firewood donations are appreciated and remember what @bob91yj says "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story"

and read post 1

Last edited:
Somehow I've ended up with pneumonia, so unfortunately I dont think I'll be able to make it this year.

Has anyone else checked the weather lately? Pretty sure this won't be a repeat of the Appalachian Mud-dezvous, but we'll be keeping an eye on things...

^^^^Yikes, Wunderground is calling for thunderstorms Friday-Sunday.

We had a hell of a thunderstorm while we were on our eclipse adventure, our dog Penny damn near lost her mind with the thunder. Generally she isn't afraid of ANYTHING, but thunder is a different story.

Hello,
I have read post #1 and did not see anything about an arrival time(s) for Friday. I assume some front entrance/gate needs to be opened to the campground, and that someone will want to be be there to take our waiver + $40 donation. What time is it cool for folks to show up? Thanks, and looking forward to a great weekend!

Hello,
I have read post #1 and did not see anything about an arrival time(s) for Friday. I assume some front entrance/gate needs to be opened to the campground, and that someone will want to be be there to take our waiver + $40 donation. What time is it cool for folks to show up? Thanks, and looking forward to a great weekend!

The "daily schedule" hasn't been posted, but in years-past, first arrival time was listed as 1200hrs. Until/unless we hear otherwise, I'll be planning for same.

^^^^Yikes, Wunderground is calling for thunderstorms Friday-Sunday.
The potential severity of the weather seems to depend on which weather "location" I use. Big Bear city looks terrible, but Angelus Oaks looks a little bit better. (Apparently that whole mountain range in between makes a difference.) Nevertheless, worth watching. The Mrs. retains "Go/No-Go" authority for herself and the kiddo, so we'll see what happens!

Also folks, we will be planning a little scavenger hunt for the kids on Saturday, but pending weather conditions. Prizes for all the kids that attend!

Look to meet up at the main fire pit at 1330hrs.

*** If weather becomes an issue, we will cancel the hunt. We will be at the main pit to announce whether it is still on or not.

I mean, if I were in California we all know right where I'd be...

:underthebus

Soooooo, we have to work Friday....
Which means the bad news is that we won't be coming in Friday, but the good news is that we will still be there first thing Saturday morning
Can't wait!!!

I will have to bow out this time due to both my camping vehicles being out of commission. I was just rear-ended today, and the other is in the shop.

Post 1 has been updated with the schedule

DAILY SCHEDULE

FRI:
1200 Arrivals. Check in adjacent to Stage
1800 Campfire Stories and Smores Main Fire Ring Look for @sfsmedic

SAT:
0830 Tire Pressure Gauge Testing Main Fire Ring Look for @Andy
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!

Trail Runs will line up adjacent to the stage.
0930 Check in Table open
0930 Tire Clinic / Discussion - Main Fire Ring Look for @Andy
1200 Lunch!
1300 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Nap time!
1330 Kids Scavenger Hunt - Main Fire Ring Look for @richard310
1500 Prep / Cook for Dutch Oven Competition
(know your dish and start early if needed)
1645 Group Photo Location TBD Look for @BrentHaywoodPhotography
1700 Potluck / Dutch Oven Competition
1730 MRV Raffle followed by relaxation and campfire

SUN:
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!

1100 Clean up Camp, let's leave it nicer than we found it. PACK IT OUT
1200 Camp inspected and cleared. Zero residuals.

On a side note, don't forget your hold harmless that you have already printed and put in your glove box. We have to have them and I don't have enough blank copies for everyone. The nearest place to print them is Staples, 33730 Yucaipa Blvd, Yucaipa, CA 92399 22.3 miles away, back down the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom