2017 March 4th-5th (Sat Sun) Cougar Buttes (Postponed)

Brett C

Adventurist
Senior Staff
When: March 4th-5th
Duration: Overnighter

Difficulty:2-5 (Scale of 1-10)
Organizer(s):Brett (IronworksTactical)
Trail Leader(s): BlkWgn

Meet Location and Time: Meeting time 0900, driver brief at 0915.
Lucerne Valley Market & Hardware
32946 CA-18, Lucerne Valley, CA 92356

This is an exploratory mission as Cris and I don't know the area well but I have been told lots of good places to make camp overnight for Saturday night and lots of fun little obstacles and trails to play on. Because its an exploratory trip I am limiting this to 5 vehicles.

Rig Requirements:
4x4
Rear Locker
Front and rear recovery points
2" or more lift
Suggested vehicle mods (not required):
Sliders
Front traction control, limited slip locker or air locker

Communication: HAM 146.535

Depending on WHO signs up I will be keeping this list for now to 5. If anyone is intimately knowledgeable of these areas please step up so you can assist me in running this. It would be greatly appreciated.
Roster:

1. BlkWgn

2. MtnGote @Stuart

3. Andy

4. KSL22

5. Big Dave

Waiting List:

1. Stuart moved to list

What to Bring with you:

Good attitude and willingness to help out, I am out here to have fun and don't do drama.
Bring food, drinks (no alcohol allowed until in camp or after the run)
Sunscreen, bug juice, personal toiletries (just in case)
Spare fluids and parts for your vehicle
Recovery gear if you have it

Feel Free to ask questions, I am sure I forgot something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully having it the same weekend at TDS will keep the traffic down at Cougar Buttes.

For anyone who is planning on going, here is my disclaimer.

I have been out there to camp a number of times, and have cruised the area some but never as in depth as I would like to. There are easy areas, there are tougher areas, there is hard pack dirt, soft sand, small rocks, and big rocks, with the current weather there may even be some mud. There are some trails, and there are general areas to just play. We are going to explore a bit, we will get "lost", we will have to make u-turns, maybe get out and walk up on rocks to try and find a path, we may be heading for an easy section and end up in a rough section. We are going to explore and just see what we find, play it by ear and fake the entire day so it should be great.

I would highly recommend skid plates and sliders for this trip

IMG_20161017_134436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom