2017 ARSES/AAV Pine Creek Float: May 6 & 7

When you register at camp just tell them you need a shuttle. They'll get you set up in the morning. Put-in is at Astonia and take out is at Blackwell. When you get to Blackwell give StonyCreek a call and they'll run down and pick you up. There's a phone at the take out and there is cell service there.

Takeout is just past the first bridge on the left.

Thanks again Mark! I hope everything is going well on the wedding venue search.

-Andy

Thanks Mark. Can you give me the details on the shuttle service with the launch and take out locations?

Thanks again,
-Andy

Andy -
Are you going to make the call or Friday before we leave or are we just going to go up and see what it is on Saturday morning? I just want to know if I should be checking the forum before I go. I would be leaving around 4pm.

We're gonna miss you guys. You folks are some of our favorite people and we always look forward to hanging with you all. Hopefully we can get together sometime either on the water or in the woods somewhere later on this summer.

BTW, a new venue has been found. We are checking it out and hopefully finalizing everything Saturday.

Andy -
Are you going to make the call or Friday before we leave or are we just going to go up and see what it is on Saturday morning? I just want to know if I should be checking the forum before I go. I would be leaving around 4pm.

The projected river level was revised this afternoon to 3.5-3.7 feet. I am loaded up and will be leaving around noon Friday. We should have a really fun run through the gorge. See you there!

We're gonna miss you guys. You folks are some of our favorite people and we always look forward to hanging with you all. Hopefully we can get together sometime either on the water or in the woods somewhere later on this summer.

BTW, a new venue has been found. We are checking it out and hopefully finalizing everything Saturday.

We will certainly get together this year sometime. You guys take care of those wedding plans!

-Andy

Thanks alot Haggis. It won't be the same without you guys, but we will hopefully have some stories. Best of luck with your situation. I am glad things are looking up.

Haggis, best of luck with everything. Since I'm not going to meet you, yet, after years of reading your posts on expeditionportal, do you still have your Jeep and the Tundra?

Another time I hope.

It's supposed to have thunderstorms Friday night for the large part of the evening into the night. Scattered, but who knows, the stars could be out with the accuracy of the weather guys. It's going to be soggy, but I haven't camped in a while and am looking forward to it.

Jeep has been gone for a few years and the Tundra will probably be gone within the next few weeks.

Change of plans for me, I'll be there afternoon Saturday. I received a request for work Saturday at 10:00 and cannot pass up the opportunity.

Be careful on the river! I will see you Saturday night.

How high's the water Andy? 3 feet high and rising..... That was the conversation the morning of the trip. So in the interest of safety we did not go. Any thoughts of a reschedule?

I personally can't take the lead on a trip. My father was diagnosed with Lymphoma last week and we have months of chemo to help him through and anything else comes second, actually third. If anybody else could take the lead on spring trips it would be much appreciated.

I personally can't take the lead on a trip. My father was diagnosed with Lymphoma last week and we have months of chemo to help him through and anything else comes second, actually third. If anybody else could take the lead on spring trips it would be much appreciated.
Suck. You are in my prayers.

Sorry to hear Haggis.

Are people interested? I can start a new thread if there is interest. The Little J is pretty easy to organize and a good time. That may be an easier option to put together.

Edited - I see Haggis started a new thread. I'm a little slow here....

Back
Top Bottom