2016 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really great to see how the AA community has evolved, and the positive direction the events have gone since the inception at the first DRV. Dave and crew, thank you for all of your hard work and a thank you to the community as a whole for making this what it is. Really brings me back to the waaaaaaay old days of Adventure 4x4 and AZFJ, when it was all about the people and having a good time in a safe and unpretentious environment.

This was also our first Rendezvous and my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and I had a fantastic time. I was fortunate enough to win the little knife from JRs Knives, which was awesome since it was my birthday, and then having people sing happy birthday to me made it even better! I called and talked to Joey Roman from JRs Knives today and thanked him for his donation. Cool guy! My son-in-law enjoyed the Dutch Oven competition and was able to share some of his excess hot coals with other competitors who were in need. Beautiful location, good weather, great food, quality people!

Its really great to see how the AA community has evolved, and the positive direction the events have gone since the inception at the first DRV. Dave and crew, thank you for all of your hard work and a thank you to the community as a whole for making this what it is. Really brings me back to the waaaaaaay old days of Adventure 4x4 and AZFJ, when it was all about the people and having a good time in a safe and unpretentious environment.

So glad you could make it, and good to see you. Even if it was too busy for me to really hang out much...

:clang

My favorite part of the MRV's is the kids running around playing without a care in the world, and their parents letting them do it. There aren't a whole lot of places that we would let our 6 year old grandson out of our sight. It truly does take a village to raise a child, MRV is our village for a couple of days a year! Thanks to all of the other parents! It gives me hope for the future!
This.. my wife was paranoid when I told,her I just let paige run around the campsite with friends.. by the end of saturday, I think she understood the mentality of mrv. Paige was off getting dirty with new friends, and I just let her do it.. and let other parents redirect her if she got out of hand. Paige knew going into this that if any adult asked you to do something, you did it.. one big village, and it worked out awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was great to stop by and see some of you good people and sorry if I missed a few but I will try and make a early reservation for the next one and bring the van and not the Harley. I was so tempted to just bring a tent and truly make it a adventure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was great to stop by and see some of you good people and sorry if I missed a few but I will try and make a early reservation for the next one and bring the van and not the Harley. I was so tempted to just bring a tent and truly make it a adventure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed you this time around

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Amazing and fun weekend with some pretty amazing people. Thanks to Dave and the whole team at American Adventurist for all the hard work they do behind the scenes. It was amazing watching all the kids wandering around getting dirtier and happier by the minute. In a world where caution is the word it was amazing to see a "village" practice community parenting without a word, nod or plan to do so. It was amazing to meet so many of your dogs, off leash, curious and often bringing their "brand new bestest buddy" along too. Most of all it was amazing to be surrounded by people who are happiest in the dirt and smelling of woodsmoke. The next AA Rendezvous can not come soon enough for me. To one and all, THANK YOU (mostly for being YOU) Hugs.

So glad you could make it, and good to see you. Even if it was too busy for me to really hang out much...

:clang

Not a problem my friend, I know how these things go especially when you are the man behind the curtain. We got our yearly Army/Navy campfire bantering in:lightsaber and I'm looking forward to the Hoth Rendezvous after you settle in at Great Lakes! :peek

I had a great time, my kids had a blast and enjoyed their freedom. Thank you Dave and crew, job well done as always.

PS: Dave you will be missed

Sorry we couldn't make it up there on Sunday after all - husband ended up on an emergency call at work after all... We'll definitely plan to join the next one!

Cheers, Anette & Scott

Hey Everyone !

This was our first Mountain Rendezvous and it was awesome !! So nice to meet new people in the community and put faces to some of those that you may only know online ! Thanks to @Dave for putting this together, we will be attending many more !
We made a video recap of the weekend that is live on our YouTube channel, here is the link ! Hope you enjoy !

- Andrew

Hey Everyone !

This was our first Mountain Rendezvous and it was awesome !! So nice to meet new people in the community and put faces to some of those that you may only know online ! Thanks to @Dave for putting this together, we will be attending many more !
We made a video recap of the weekend that is live on our YouTube channel, here is the link ! Hope you enjoy !

- Andrew

I just got done watching it following the feed from your IG account. Very nice!

Had a really great time, can't wait for the next event! Wish I would of met more people.
4e74c77912461aa5e76b4e6a34585e15.jpg
99178dc73ab3711cfd1a3d3cba76b710.jpg
89b3166572c3b734d65d6f9d6a500f1a.jpg
9709a77ba8e70eaa8c711867f4da431d.jpg
40a039404f9e25e26e8eada2726768a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom