2016 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was our first year also and the wife and I really enjoyed our weekend with this group of like minded individuals. Very excited to participate in more of these events in the future.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Good to meet you, and glad the tire did not slow your roll too much

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll add the thanks of my entire clan. Another great event, and the kiddo is already asking about the next one! Forum participation is one thing, but getting together with all the fine folks in this community really reinforces how awesome you all really are!

Great video, Nick! I gave Kimberley the weekend off from shooting B-roll, so I probably won't put together anything for this weekend - glad to have something that captures the spirit to share with people who ask!

Excellent event...our first as well.

One of the most well organized events/raffles we've participated in.

Some impressions:

-one ticket per AA registration for the raffle, sped things along and kept it honest.

-kids raffle "first" (watching the look on the kids faces as they received pink/purple tactical backpacks was priceless :D)...this was truly a family friendly event

-seconded only by the expression on Ranger Rick's face during the propane fire pit presentation...and having all the folks called up on stage who donated for their recognition...class act AA! :)

-competing for the first time in a DO competition...witnessing the efforts of all the cast iron culinary experts in person, and learning that an empty DO meant you won no matter how many tickets were in your can.

-putting faces to screen-names when the AA staff were brought up on stage for recognition...nice touch for sure.

-walking through camp and ogling all of the rigs and set ups...sensory overland!

Thank you AA crew/staff for an awesome event...can't wait for DRV/MRV 2017.

:camping

How to properly and safely get you and your vehicle out of a bad situation. Dave and the American Adventurist crew demonstrate and show some useful gear that every off-road enthusiast should carry. Safe travels and remember travel with a buddy that can pull your rig out if need be, I hope you enjoy the seminar
I'm sorry if you hear feedback someone had their phone to close to the camera

This was my first event and loved it. Can't wait till Feb. Thanks for the great weekend
20160827_140125.jpg

First time attending an AA event, I had a fantastic time. The 3 classes on Saturday were priceless, thank you @Chris Wharton , @Matt and @Dave for sharing your experience and knowledge.
Big thank you
to all of you working behind the scenes (specially to AA staff and their families) also a big thank you to all the companies and individuals that donate all the awesome swag for the ruffle. The look on the kids faces when they were picking up their prices was priceless.
Big thank you to all attendees, I totally enjoyed your friendliness and camaraderie, but specially the food and drinks you freely shared.
Very special thank you to @Dave and his lovely family for the love and time given to this community, my best wishes and prayers are with you on your future move.

My favorite part of the MRV's is the kids running around playing without a care in the world, and their parents letting them do it. There aren't a whole lot of places that we would let our 6 year old grandson out of our sight. It truly does take a village to raise a child, MRV is our village for a couple of days a year! Thanks to all of the other parents! It gives me hope for the future!

What a great weekend! Major kudos to everyone who worked so hard behind the scenes to make this event go so smoothly. The classes were great, and the Dutch Oven competition was a lot of fun. Thanks again to Chris Wharton and ShiftPod for that amazing raffle donation! I'm looking forward to testing my new ShiftPod in some harsh environments.

My favorite part of the MRV's is the kids running around playing without a care in the world, and their parents letting them do it. There aren't a whole lot of places that we would let our 6 year old grandson out of our sight. It truly does take a village to raise a child, MRV is our village for a couple of days a year! Thanks to all of the other parents! It gives me hope for the future!
I couldn't agree more. I used to stress so bad that my kids who were running amok were bothering people as well as worrying they'd get into trouble and get hurt. I have to admit that wasn't a concern nearly as much this year. At one point my son was up to no good and I'm thankful people felt comport able enough to correct and redirect him. It's not fun for kids to sit around camp when they could be off playing in a safe environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom