2016 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous - Feedback

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
Looking for feedback on the 2016 Mountain Rendezvous. It is great to hear what worked well, but I am more interested in constructive criticism. As part of the staff, we try and learn from each event and make the next event run smoother.

So this is your opportunity to help shape the next event, what can we do better?

Here's my only bit of constructive criticism:

Stuart probably needs more help during the critical "deployment" phase of the DO competition, when we start the chefs lining up and passing out tickets. There's a lot that happens all at once - lots of people with questions, late chefs needing to get stuff on the tables, and handing tickets to each person eats up time.

And, since I was taught that whenever I say "someone ought to" it generally means "I ought to", I'll step up to help next time, if Stuart wants the help. Assuming I'm at the DRV (no reason to presume otherwise until a date is set), I'll take myself out of the competition and assist with marshaling, handing out tickets, etc.

Stuart probably needs more help during the critical "deployment" phase of the DO competition, when we start the chefs lining up and passing out tickets. There's a lot that happens all at once - lots of people with questions, late chefs needing to get stuff on the tables, and handing tickets to each person eats up time.

And, since I was taught that whenever I say "someone ought to" it generally means "I ought to", I'll step up to help next time, if Stuart wants the help. Assuming I'm at the DRV (no reason to presume otherwise until a date is set), I'll take myself out of the competition and assist with marshaling, handing out tickets, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, this is exactly the kind of information that we need, and thank you for volunteering to help.

This is the point I was going to mention as well. Considering I do not participate in the DO competition, I too would raise my hand to help with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input/offers. I'll be looking for you at DRV to assign duties as needed.

^^^^I'd send them to ARV for practice in the minor leagues!:cool:
Pfft... lightweights...

Dave and Cris both commented that after eating the chow dished up at ARV they didn't think they would ever be able to swallow another morsel of the swill concocted by the amateur "shoe chefs" out West. Truth. But I'm sure they already shared that with all'yalls...

Bless your hearts - you'all are really good sports to keep on trying. :D

Pfft... lightweights...

Dave and Cris both commented that after eating the chow dished up at ARV they didn't think they would ever be able to swallow another morsel of the swill concocted by the amateur "shoe chefs" out West. Truth. But I'm sure they already shared that with all'yalls...

Bless your hearts - you'all are really good sports to keep on trying. :D
I will only confirm this statement for chowder

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Maybe delivering the voting tickets during event registration with the raffle ticket/patch/stickers could simplify/solve the ticket delivery issue?

Back
Top Bottom