2016 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm way down on the wait list and my budget is about to get seriously nuked, so please drop me. Fingers crossed for seeing friends at OX16...

Thanks and looking forward to the usual event photos!

Since this will be my first time attending a American adventurist event, will there be a pin point or a general map posted so we can find the camp area?

Since this will be my first time attending a American adventurist event, will there be a pin point or a general map posted so we can find the camp area?

Dave will post it, but as the first post says - it'll be a stone's throw from last year. You could find that thread. :rolleyes: Go find Split Mountain Road out in Anza Borrego. There's a railroad track near the 'end' of the road. Take a left on the dirt road that parallels the tracks. I'd bet you'd find camp. :cool: Just be prepared to HAVE FUN!

I won't be posting a pin or anything.

Why? Because if I do, chances are some interloper will occupy that exact spot.

I'll plant the flag when I arrive Friday, when you see our giant feather banner you have arrived. Follow the RR tracks! :)

Look for the black banner!

image.jpeg

You say that 4WD is not needed and it is a stones throw from last years event, yet last year you said that 4WD was needed.
Can you confirm that 4WD is not needed, and/or what your thoughts are on towing a trailer in to camp.

Thanks

We'll be about a mile from the end of the pavement. 2WD or a trailer should be fine BUT I always recommend 4WD.

We'll be about a mile from the end of the pavement. 2WD or a trailer should be fine BUT I always recommend 4WD.
I have no worries about getting my 2wd Vanagon back to the site, would even consider towing a trailer with it if needed. I took the 4wd truck and popup trailer last year, but never need to switch into 4wd.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

:( Going to have to drop out of this event due to an upcoming home move. Thanks for the opportunity to attend, maybe next year.

I'm out - training got moved up two weeks and then I head out to work for a few months.

I'm bummed about not attending the event.

OK, I'm way down on the wait list and my budget is about to get seriously nuked, so please drop me. Fingers crossed for seeing friends at OX16...

Thanks and looking forward to the usual event photos!

Bummer - hopefully we see you at Overland Expo AND Mountain Rendezvous!

IMPORTANT RUMORS:

Mojoe Outfitters is planning something tasty for Happy Hour on Friday! :cool:
Mario from AT will be attending!
We have some KILLER raffle prizes again this year, cleanup participants will get a crack at them!
The limited edition DESERT RENDEZVOUS PATCHES turned out amaesing!
There will be DRV decals as well and maybe even some other swag!

Event shirts and AAV swag galore can be found HERE

DRVback.png

Oh baby, this event cannot come soon enough. I need to get the hell out of dodge and reset.

Same here. I hope you don't mind talking a little Goose Gear business though. I'd like to get your thoughts on outfitting the rear seat area of my Dodge with a Goose Gear. I'll be pulling the seats in a few year to go full time and I'll need a gear storage system.

IMPORTANT RUMORS:

Mojoe Outfitters is planning something tasty for Happy Hour on Friday! :cool:
Mario from AT will be attending!
We have some KILLER raffle prizes again this year, cleanup participants will get a crack at them!
The limited edition DESERT RENDEZVOUS PATCHES turned out amaesing!
There will be DRV decals as well and maybe even some other swag!

Event shirts and AAV swag galore can be found HERE

View attachment 20127

Will AAV swag be available at the DESERT RENDEZVOUS event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom