2015 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add me to the waiting list. Thank you, Salim Miro

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add my Shirt size. XXL
Salim Miro
Country Homes Campers

Tahquitz is good for now, been seeing updates from Rick.

They lost some ground today, to the north and east mostly. 26000 acres, 19% containment. Rimrock and Burns Canyon, mandatory evacs. Pioneertown, voluntary. :(

Here's the link for inciweb updates.

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4302/

Yesterdays map:
2015_06_24-20.45.57.156-CDT.jpeg

I wonder if the camp will back open by the end of August? It's inside of the area that is supposed to remain closed until October.

BB

I wonder if the camp will back open by the end of August? It's inside of the area that is supposed to remain closed until October.

BB

It is right on the edge, and being private property, it should be good to go.

Did you know that here at American Adventurist we actually listen to our members? That's right, YOU asked for it and you got it. Our event shirts that we give out to attendees for FREE have become increasingly popular and we've had tons of requests for extra shirts.

This Mountain Rendezvous you will be able to purchase extra event shirts :stars

Extra shirts will need to be ordered before MRV, details will be posted here within the week detailing how this will work.

See this link:http://americanadventurist.com/Forum...T-LIST-CONTEST

1. hove102 - L
2. Scott307 - No size provided
3. Jfanaselle - XXL
4. GRZYX - No size provided
5. anneinsd - S
6. brian90744 - XL
7.Andranik - XL
8. KevinPham - L
9. brubar79 - No size provided
10. Tienckb - M
11. Tank80 - XL
12. Suntinez -
13. shanz3n5 - No size provided
14. Drubish - L
15. EwokPoacher - L
16. 1leg - XL
17. tubey1 - XXL
18. shadetreetim - XXL
19. weezerbot - S
20. SunnyD - XL

Wait list is FULL and closed. Please see above link and submit a trip report.

Last edited:
Smiro, Khm3rgtr, and Jr_Explorer- I have your names on a list. Wait list is full and closed, but you are documented.

I drove past the Boy Scout Camp on Friday (7-3-15) on Hwy 38. Jenks lake was closed for Fire Traffic, I didn't see any activity or smoke. On my return trip from Big Bear Lake on Sunday (7-5-15). It was raining pretty good up there. FYI, NFI.

Good on the rain to help the weary firefighters. Potentially bad after any fire for concern over mudslides in the burn areas. Hoping for the best for all those fighting this fire. Smelled a little one Friday afternoon out with my daughter. Had to have been the little 15 acre fire in Laguna Canyon. Thankfully they got on that one quick before it spread to a potentially disastrous fire. No cause identified as of yet from what I know.

There was an alert for flooding at Jenks Rd. so just when you th Ugh this the camp escaped the fires, now you have to wait on a flooding report. This year's Mtn. Rendezvous may turn into a campground repair and recovery party.

There was an alert for flooding at Jenks Rd. so just when you th Ugh this the camp escaped the fires, now you have to wait on a flooding report. This year's Mtn. Rendezvous may turn into a campground repair and recovery party.

Wouldn't be the first time I've spent a day or more on a work party repairing or cleaning up a Boy Scout camp! Bring it on if it's needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom