2015 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be the first time I've spent a day or more on a work party repairing or cleaning up a Boy Scout camp! Bring it on if it's needed!
tumblr_lmyn47BlIN1qa9689.gif

LP tanks for sale @MRV

SOLD _SOLD . I have new 2 LP full tanks 2.6 gallon from Camping world, 17" tall, 9" dia. I purchased these for a project than fell thru. selling 35.00 each. I have the northstar camper/Army Trailer. brian

Attachments

• 5llb LP tanks.jpg
    5llb LP tanks.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
For Sale: Extra Mountain Rendezvous shirts

As you know, each Mountain Rendezvous RSVP includes one free event shirt. These Rendezvous shirts and swag have become collectors items in some circles ;)

So, due to numerous requests for extra shirts for spouses, kids, or those unable to attend, we have made arrangements to make these available to you.

BUY EXTRA MOUNTAIN RENDEZVOUS SHIRTS HERE

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 12.31.08 PM.jpg

Please remove my RSVP. I cannot make MRV2015 due to an overwhelming demand for my presence on a yacht to an island for undisclosed reasons. Have a great time everyone! :pirate"longship

Thats fine if you won't be there, but I didn't know Frankie could drive himself. :lol
Please remove my RSVP. I cannot make MRV2015 due to an overwhelming demand for my presence on a yacht to an island for undisclosed reasons. Have a great time everyone! :pirate"longship

Gentlemen - I was reminded today that I have other obligations and will be in Virginia City, NV for this entire weekend. I regretfully ask that my name be removed from the waiting list (I am currently #3 on the waiting list) and also that I be removed from the contest for one of the last 5 spots. :(

Lake Fire update as of 11 July 2015:

The Lake Fire was reported just before 4:00 pm on June 17, 2015. The cause of the fire is under investigation. It is approximately 31,359 acres in size and is 98% contained.

The fire behavior is currently minimal with heavy fuels smoldering within the perimeter. Smoke may be seen from Highway 38, however it is all well inside the containment lines.
Fire crews and helicopters will continue to be visible to the public and motorists may observe movement of firefighting vehicles along Highway 38. Please be alert while traveling on the highway and yield the right-of-way to emergency personnel and vehicles.

All evacuations have been lifted and Highway 38 has been re-opened, however there are some closures still in place. Please view the list below:

Roads
These Forest Roads will remain closed: 1N01 (Pipes Canyon Road), 2N61YB, 1N02 (Coon Creek Road) beyond Heart Bar Equestrian Camp, 1N05 (Fish Creek Road), 1N39A (Big Meadows), and 1N78 (Poopout Hill Road).

Jenk’s Lake Loop Road and Jenk’s Lake have re-opened. There may be intermittent closures if helicopters need to use the lake for water.

All other Forest Service Roads that were closed earlier due to the Lake Fire have re-opened.

Special Uses
Organization Camps have re-opened with the exceptions of Camp TaTaPochon and Camp Laverne (open partially).
Recreation Residences have re-opened, however owners should not stay overnight or stay when it is raining.

Forest Service Campgrounds
Forest Service Campgrounds (except for Coon Creek Cabin, Coon Creek Yellow-post Sites) have re-opened. The Upper Loop of South Fork Campground will remain closed due to the potential for flooding.
Forest Road 1N02 (Coon Creek Road) will be closed beyond Heartbar Equestrian Camp.
Area Closure, San Gorgonio Wilderness and Trails

Due to continuing fire danger, the fire area remains closed to public entry. This includes all trails into the San Gorgonio Wilderness and the Pacific Crest Trail between Whitewater Preserve and Onyx Summit. The trail closures will be re-evaluated soon and an updated forest closure order will be developed.

Barton Flats Visitor Center has re-opened

Dave,

As of yesterday evening, all roads off of Jenks Lake Rd. are still closed including Barton Flats Rd. except to local residents. No hiking is allowed in the Fire Burn Area which is bordered by Jenks Lakes Rd. on the north.

Al

Last edited:
I have to bow out this year... :( got family coming that weekend, and they want to see us, so we be camping at the beach.. still gotta get a shirt though.... someone else is welcome to my spot.

So dump a couple of yards of sand on shores of Arrowhead and call it good same-o same-o ? They will never know the difference

So dump a couple of yards of sand on shores of Arrowhead and call it good same-o same-o ? They will never know the difference
I tried that, but they won't be able to pull their 40 foot diesel pusher into the boy scout camp...

Gentlemen - I was reminded today that I have other obligations and will be in Virginia City, NV for this entire weekend. I regretfully ask that my name be removed from the waiting list (I am currently #3 on the waiting list) and also that I be removed from the contest for one of the last 5 spots. :(

Bummer Joe...

I tried that, but they won't be able to pull their 40 foot diesel pusher into the boy scout camp...

Actually, they can. There's a wide open spot just up the hill from main camp where there's plenty of room to pull in, turn around, etc. Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom