2015 SoCal Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are making a small change to the event location - we will be north of the RR trestle before the moon dust. This is to keep camp a bit closer to the area that needs cleaned up and a better location for a group this size - big and flat. New coords will post soon but it's about a 10-15 minute drive from the end of the pavement when coming in off 78 to Split Mtn Rd.

We are making a small change to the event location - we will be north of the RR trestle before the moon dust. This is to keep camp a bit closer to the area that needs cleaned up and a better location for a group this size - big and flat. New coords will post soon but it's about a 10-15 minute drive from the end of the pavement when coming in off 78 to Split Mtn Rd.
Assuming still some soft sandy areas where 4wd is required?

And our coordinates for the new spot didn't work out as planned. Suffice it to say that the current coordinates posted are a couple miles too far southeast along the RR tracks (Fish Creek Wash by the RR trestle). This is NOT where we are holding the event this time.

We will be camped a few miles NORTHWEST of the coords posted for the previous site:

From the NORTH: take 78 to Split Mountain Road. Follow this to the RR tracks and turn left. Drive about 10-15 minutes and you will see the group on the left in a very large flat spot there.

From the SOUTH take the 8 to S80 to Plaster City, follow the narrow gauge RR tracks north out of Plaster City to the RR trestle - KEEP GOING and you will reach the group camped on the right.

We're a hardy bunch here at AAV so I expect everyone to figure it out - if you run along those RR tracks you'll see Roof Top Tent City - you have arrived
:lol

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH DETAILS ON UPDATED EVENT LOCATION AS OF 8 MARCH 2015

Anybody camping at the DR Thursday night?

I was planning on it, but seeing as how I'm working night shift in LA on Thursday night, I won't be done till 10 pm, then I'd have to drive 4 hours to Salton sea.. I'd rather just get there friday.

DRV NEW SITE 2015.jpg

Hi Dave, I'm #19 on the waiting list but I have other obligations that weekend. Please remove me from the list. Thanks

We're in the home stretch now and its almost time for the Rendezvous!

Please, if you have event questions or concerns PLEASE do not PM me as I am having a hard time keeping up here. Please post your traffic here in one of the threads so that I or one of the staff guys can answer it publicly and hopefully avoid answering the same question 50 times. Thanks in advance for your cooperation folks - see you soon!

:map

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately something has come up and I won't be able to make it to Desert Rendezvous. I was really looking forward to it!

Please remove me from the RSVP list, (#50 roughbeat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom