2014 Toys for Tots: Official Thread

It'd been a while since I have been on base. Will we need to actually go into camp pendleton to access the camp site. If so what documents do will we need to get in.

It'd been a while since I have been on base. Will we need to actually go into camp pendleton to access the camp site. If so what documents do will we need to get in.

I am pretty sure the campsite is ON Camp Pendleton itself. And I was about to ask a similar question about the secret password to get on base. Do we just tell then we are there for Toys for Tots? Drop Dave's name?

Yes this will be camping at Lake O'neal on Camp Pendleton. When we did this a few years back, you just said you were going to the Toys for Tots event at Lake O'Neal and they waved you on through.

Remember, this is a military base and their rules apply to all. A major thing is NO SPEEDING. Drive at posted limits. Also, IMHO Tanks always have the right of way. LOL

From times I've been on base for this event and boy scouts, you MAY also be asked at the gate for your drivers license and proof of insurance. Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.

Sorry Dave, I will not be able to make it - job will have me in Scottsdale over this weekend. I'm bummed, but it's a job...

We are going to have to take Mike's advice, TANKS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.

Yes this will be camping at Lake O'neal on Camp Pendleton. When we did this a few years back, you just said you were going to the Toys for Tots event at Lake O'Neal and they waved you on through.

Remember, this is a military base and their rules apply to all. A major thing is NO SPEEDING. Drive at posted limits. Also, IMHO Tanks always have the right of way. LOL

Enjoyed last years cold and snowy event, I'll be bringing even more toys this year (hopefully..I don't remember how many I brought last year). Haha

Edit; it will be just me. 1 person/1vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom