2014 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so who is leading the NOT easy trail run?

so far the only trail run I have heard about is the easy one I am doing. I want to do a harder run, but just dont have the time for it this year. If you want to lead one I will help you plan a route

Just a friendly reminder, please bring your signed Hold Harmless Agreement & $30. for the Boy Scouts. Exact change would be preferred. See you all starting at 1200 Noon on Friday.

Just a friendly reminder, please bring your signed Hold Harmless Agreement & $30. for the Boy Scouts. Exact change would be preferred. See you all starting at 1200 Noon on Friday.

I'm ready to rock and roll :) counting down!!

Exact change is REQUIRED - we will not be making change on site so... You can bring exact change i.e. one $20 bill and one $10 bill OR you can just donate two $20 bills to the Boy Scouts :)

Thank you in advance!

Would a check that will cash be OK? Made payable to "Boy Scouts of America"...or??? Tax deductible contribution???

Just Asking

Is it $30 per rig or $30/person??

Cam

$30 per RSVP, which will get you one t-shirt and one raffle ticket. In most cases, it means $30 per rig. If two different members signed up on the RSVP list but are riding in one vehicle, they would need to pay individually.

Hey motorcycle people - as of right now, I will still be attending; however, I will likely NOT HAVE the motorcycle. This is because the shop has had it for two weeks - last week they found a radiator leak. The owner said he'd check to see if he had a used radiator at home. As of today, he hasn't found anything. Ordering an aftermarket radiator will take 5 days due to part being on the east coast. So if the guy doesn't find a used one, I'm SOL for this weekend. Just the heads up.

Intel Update!

Just so everyone is aware, there are a few more rigs coming this year. What does that mean to you? That means that the camp could get a bit crowded. PLEASE NOTE THE OVERFLOW AREAS ON THE MAP - IF YOU WANT ELBOW ROOM, OR PEACE AND QUIET, THAT IS THE PLACE TO BE. THE "UPPER CAMP" AREA BY THE GATE IS HISTORICALLY UNDERUTILIZED AS ARE THE OVERFLOW AREAS NEAR IT. UPPER CAMP HAS A BATHROOM TOO AND ALL ARE A SHORT WALK FROM GROUND ZERO AT THE MAIN FIRE PIT :)

View attachment 8876

Also, here is a reminder of the event schedule. Please make note that the swap meet is looseley organized i.e. no hard set time or place so please handle these details on your own. Same goes for trail runs and other activities. Additionally, please note the timeline on Saturday - this is our big day so make sure you don't miss out on the free pancake breakfast, T-shirt distribution and group photo.

*If you are competing in the Dutch Oven competion I strongly recommend that you be in camp and cooking by 3 PM to ensure that we are all eating at 5 PM. Raffle will be at 6 PM after we eat and judge the contest.

*IF YOU ARE ARRIVING AFTER DARK, FOR SAFETY'S SAKE PLEASE BE SAFE. THERE WILL BE GROUND TENTS, KIDS, DOGS, GEAR ETC SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND CONSIDERATE WHEN MOVING VEHICLES IN CAMP - RUDELY JOCKEYING FOR POSITION LATE AT NIGHT WITH YOUR MUSIC THUMPING, BRIGHT LIGHTS AND A LOUD EXHAUST MAY CAUSE THE NATIVES TO BECOME RESTLESS...

EVENT SCHEDULE:

FRI:

1200 Arrivals. Check in will be by the main fire pit (see map).
1700 Happy Hour and MRV Swap Meet followed by campfire

SAT:
0800 Pancake and Bacon Breakfast presented by Mojoe Outfitters and American Adventurist
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!
1200 Lunch
1300 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Nap time!
1530 MRV T-shirt distribution at main fire pit. Have your shirt ticket in hand, sizes are first come first serve!
1630 Group Photo by Brent Haywood Photography
1700 Potluck/Dutch Oven Competition (Remember the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?)
1800 MRV Raffle followed by relaxation

SUN:
0900 Trail Runs! Hiking! Mountain Biking! Whatever!
1200 Camp inspected and cleared. Zero residuals.

**Fire Restrictions This Year!**
1. No Campfires. (Campfire in a Can is OK i.e. propane)
2. Dutch Ovens/coaling are a go - ONLY at main fire ring just like last year
3. Mojoe is a go for Saturday morning pancake breakfast at main fire ring.
4. NO CHARCOAL at any of the outer areas/fire rings. ONLY at the main fire ring.
5. Propane BBQ's/stoves/devices are OK.

Exact change is REQUIRED - we will not be making change on site so... You can bring exact change i.e. one $20 bill and one $10 bill OR you can just donate two $20 bills to the Boy Scouts

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WE ARE A TREAD LIGHTLY ALLIANCE MEMBER ORGANIZATION. WE WILL ADHERE TO THOSE PRINCIPLES AT ALL TIMES, AND THERE WILL BE NO DRINKING AND DRIVING ON OR OFF ROAD - ZERO TOLERANCE.

IF I SEE IT OR HEAR ABOUT IT, YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT IT. 'NUFF SAID.

No, but I can arrange a private viewing if you want to come check it out :)

All-Pro had a nice post on social media today, stop by and give them a Like on Facebook and Instagram

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 161
Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like there this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave, unfortunately one of our members wives has to go into surgery this Friday so we will not be able to show up. It's a bummer as we had it all planned out. But family first.

I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of American Adventurist and will cross our figures that we can make it to the Desert Rendezvous. I hope you can fill the slot with such short notice.

-Virorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom