2014 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Are you attending the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FRS for short range Ch 3 tone 8

I started a whole thread for this only to find out that it is in the first post! Sadly, you are now in the same club that I am!;)

So I've got a question for attendees: Is there anyone who's planning on doing one or more of the trail runs that would like an extra passenger?

I usually miss out on the trail runs because I typically have my wife and daughter along, and my camper takes too long to setup and tear-down camp to do it more than once in a weekend. Looking like I'll be solo for this rendezvous, so I thought I'd ask around.

If nobody takes you, you can drive my smelly Jeep WJ and take my slightly smelly dog along. We got skunkified on Sunday, but you get used to it :eek:

I've tried encouraging a buddy of mine - but he choose to attend the Fontana NASCAR race that Sunday - prolly doesn't want to get his H3 dusty!!

It'll just be the Mrs. and I representing the Pray family

Dave - re: glass bottles - WHEW! I never leave home w/o my bottle of Cabernet (not ripple) and I don't drink wine out of a cardboard box! :)

Dave - re: glass bottles - WHEW! I never leave home w/o my bottle of Cabernet (not ripple) and I don't drink wine out of a cardboard box! :)

Yes. Here at American Adventurist we try to apply common sense as much as possible :wine

I'm attending solo so I'll have an extra seat. Haven't heard much about the runs yet though.
I'm in a white 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

-Bill

Thanks Bill! I have no info on runs either, but I'm assuming things will "gel" sometime during the weekend. I'll be in the Beige Astro-van with the pop-top. Hope to meet you!

I have no info on runs either, but I'm assuming things will "gel" sometime during the weekend.

The expectation is that groups will form Saturday morning and hit all the trails in the area, picking up trash along the way. This is then brought back to camp and:

1. A raffle ticket is issued for your bag of trash.

2. Your bag of trash is taken home and disposed of properly by you.

:tread

Hey count me in if it's still possible! 1 vic: 2 pax. Kyle and Jeremy. Comb the desert!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

The expectation is that groups will form Saturday morning and hit all the trails in the area, picking up trash along the way. This is then brought back to camp and:

1. A raffle ticket is issued for your bag of trash.

2. Your bag of trash is taken home and disposed of properly by you.

:tread

Do we get a raffle ticket for each bag of trash collected, or is it one raffle ticket per person? Not that it matters, as I'm hoping to fill up my entire bed with trash bags.

Do we get a raffle ticket for each bag of trash collected, or is it one raffle ticket per person? Not that it matters, as I'm hoping to fill up my entire bed with trash bags.

1 truck + 1 bag = 1 ticket per truck/family please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom