2011 Land Rover LR4 or 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door Rubicon?

we got back, test drove the 2014 Toyota FJ & another 4 door JK Jeep Wrangler this one Altitude Edition. Liked them both. Both had the adequate storage room for what we wanted, both were had comfort, both had ease of use on every thing, the FJ you can hear the exhaust while driving (must been a performance exhaust), too bad neither of them were in the color white what I want.
Trump I'll look at the 2015 XTerra. I'm looking at ever option before I will make my decision what I will purchase. I figure this will be my last Ooh Rah on vehicles, & want to make sure I get will work for us: the wife & I for many years.
What ever I get I will dump some cash into it: suspension upgrades, skid plates, tires & wheels, new front & rear bumpers, spare tire carrier, winch, roof rack, for a starters.

Where did you find an FJ Cruiser within your budget? Any 2010+ with under 100k is practically selling for $30k.

do you know if the roof rack comes off easily?, the roof rack I like to replace with something else

I never have taken mine off, but it's just a bunch of torx head bolts. I modified the factory crossbars on ours with 80/20 aluminum t-slot... makes it functional like a Prinsu or Frontrunner rack. I've contemplated buying a couple extra crossbars to modify and add more mounting area, but really haven't had a need.

I never have taken mine off, but it's just a bunch of torx head bolts. I modified the factory crossbars on ours with 80/20 aluminum t-slot... makes it functional like a Prinsu or Frontrunner rack. I've contemplated buying a couple extra crossbars to modify and add more mounting area, but really haven't had a need.
you wouldn't know what is the measurements of the rear storage area off hand do you?

you wouldn't know what is the measurements of the rear storage area off hand do you?

Not off hand... and unfortunately, we've got it packed for a trip currently. I could get them at the end of the week if you can't uncover any numbers searching the web.

well the search & future build of a adventure vehicle had to stop temporary. Started chemo treatments last month, have 5 more to do, 1 6hr seccsion with chemo & anti bodies, next day 20 minutes session, then every 4 weeks again for 6months. My cancer "non hodgkin's lymphoma" still low grade stage 1, nothing has accelerate or grown, I started showing symptoms. I was diagnosed last year in July w\o having any symptoms (laying dormant) which they had me on watch & watch. They didn't want to treat it in fear it would aggravate it into a different higher stage. September I started shown symptoms, so here I am. No worries, I'm all good.
So some time in March of 2020 I'll be finished with treatments, the wife & I will continue our search for the future adventure vehicle project. Tomorrow back for more cocktails (I call my chemo treatments). LOL
SAM_1178.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom