2006 Dodge Power Wagon

Mileage is not good. I haven't hand calculated as I probably don't want to know the truth, but I would guess between 12 and 14 mph depending on conditions.

Truck is awesome! Love the power wagons. What kind of MPG are you seeing out of yours?

Mine varies a lot with speed. On the way to Overland expo last week, I was cruise control at 80-82mph all the way and got 9.9mpg, for the return trip I slowed it down a bit and ran at 68-70mph and came up to 11mpg even. If I cruise at 55, I can get 12.5mpg, but I did not buy it for the gas mileage.

cell4soul... I remember you from the "other" forum and that sweet Taco that you took down to Central America(?). I think I met you at OB once.
Neat to see OG people popping back up again, and seeing what they're into now.

Love the Power Wagons. Funny thing is people complain about MPG, but my 100 Series Landcruiser isn't much better. I think I'm right around 13-15, and that's running premium fuel too. My old 80 series with all the crap on it, was a consistent 11-12.

cell4soul... I remember you from the "other" forum and that sweet Taco that you took down to Central America(?). I think I met you at OB once.

Love the Power Wagons. Funny thing is people complain about MPG, but my 100 Series Landcruiser isn't much better. I think I'm right around 13-15, and that's running premium fuel too. My old 80 series with all the crap on it, was a consistent 11-12.

x2 :coffee

Yep, that was me and I do remember meeting you in OB. I REALLY miss that Toyota and it will probably always be my favorite vehicle I've owned. It had to go due to financial issues when the economy crashed. Before I bought the Power Wagon I actually tried to find the guy that bought it from me to see if he would be willing to sell it back to me......no luck, so bought the Power Wagon. I could really care less about the fuel economy of the Power Wagon, it is only a toy and I don't have to use it for work commutes.

Battery replacement? Time for a new battery for my 06 Power Wagon. What do you all recommend, size, brand, etc?

Battery replacement? Time for a new battery for my 06 Power Wagon. What do you all recommend, size, brand, etc?
I was running the DieHard Platinum, and I had one go out at Thanksgiving. SInce Sears no longer carries that battery I replaced it with the Exide XMC-31. It has been great, and is maintaining a higher average voltage than the Diehard Platinum ever did. I picked it up on Amazon for about $250 with free prime shipping http://smile.amazon.com/Exide-XMC-3...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Back
Top Bottom