2006 Dodge Power Wagon

cell4soul

Adventurist
The start of a new build......my starting point is a 2006 Dodge Power Wagon with 56,000 miles. It was bone stock when I bought it one month ago. So far, I have added Carli 3" lift with their Deaver rear leafs and Bilstein remote reservoir shocks. I also had the steering upgraded to the 2008.5+ Dodge Ram "Y" style steering. I am running 37" Cooper STT Mud Terrain tires on stock Alcoa wheels (painted black). That is it for now.....time to save some more money. The next mods will likely be to strengthen things up a bit. I will probably install some Carli ball joints and RCV axle shafts. Then it will be on to building a rear bumper with swing arm tire carrier. Here is a pic so far .......

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Any camper thoughts? I always dream of putting a Flip Pac on a Dodge like this.

My ultimate is to have a 4 wheel camper like our very own Mike has on his dodge... one day...

My ultimate is to have a 4 wheel camper like our very own Mike has on his dodge... one day...

Yeah, I really like the like the 4wheel campers as well. I am not sure what direction I am going with this truck yet. I really want my base camp to be separate from the truck. Most of my camping involves finding a spot and exploring from there. One of the uses for the truck will be for hunting. I don't like the idea of having to break down the bed/camp every morning when I head out. So I will likely go with some kind of trailer or high quality tent.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really like the like the 4wheel campers as well. I am not sure what direction I am going with this truck yet. I really want my base camp to be separate from the truck. Most of my camping involves finding a spot and exploring from there. One of the uses for the truck will be for hunting. I don't like the idea of having to break down the bed/camp every morning when I head out. So I will likely go with some kind ok trailer or high quality tent.

I get that. Makes total sense. In tat case, I'd opt for a trailer too. Cris has a small trailer he tows behind his power wagon, and from what I can tell he really likes it. My current situation is a truck bed tent which is really nice, but kinda a pain to pull out of the truck the next morning when it's time to explore.

Great looking rig, I am rather fond of the 06 Wagon myself. I would recommend adding the Carli Diff gaurd, it has saved me a number of times and can tell you first hand it can take a beating.

http://www.cjcoffroad.com/Carli-Dodge-Ram-2500-3500-Differential-Cover-Guard-p/cs-fdg.htm

I am curious to see where you go with this build, and how you like the coopers long term. I had a hard time deciding between the Toyo, Mickey Thompson, and Coopers, ended up with the Toyo. I am very happey with them so far, but who knows what the next set will be.

Great looking rig, I am rather fond of the 06 Wagon myself. I would recommend adding the Carli Diff gaurd, it has saved me a number of times and can tell you first hand it can take a beating.

http://www.cjcoffroad.com/Carli-Dodge-Ram-2500-3500-Differential-Cover-Guard-p/cs-fdg.htm

I am curious to see where you go with this build, and how you like the coopers long term. I had a hard time deciding between the Toyo, Mickey Thompson, and Coopers, ended up with the Toyo. I am very happey with them so far, but who knows what the next set will be.

Yeah, diff guards are on the list of wants. I like the Toyo tires, but really wanted a 37x12.5 r 17. Toyos only come in 13.5 width. So far, the Cooper's are great, but we'll see how they wear. I like your PW.

That's a good looking Power Wagon! Like BlkWgn said, the diff guard is probably the most practical and affordable upgrades to do on one of these trucks.

That's a good looking Power Wagon! Like BlkWgn said, the diff guard is probably the most practical and affordable upgrades to do on one of these trucks.

Do you guys stock these duff covers? I'd like to buy local if I can, and BlkWgn has nothing but good to say about you guys.

Welcome CJC Offroad and thanks for supporting - stop by our introduction thread!

http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/showthread.php?11-NEW-MEMBERS-INTRODUCE-YOURSELF-HERE!/page75

Dave, I am not sure how I bumped into this forum, but it is really cool to see that your passion for the outdoors, off roading and camping have led to starting this forum. You may remember me from the TTORA or Expedition Portal forums with my Toyota Tacoma build. Anyways, it is good to see what you've done and your truck is looking great.

Dave, I am not sure how I bumped into this forum, but it is really cool to see that your passion for the outdoors, off roading and camping have led to starting this forum. You may remember me from the TTORA or Expedition Portal forums with my Toyota Tacoma build. Anyways, it is good to see what you've done and your truck is looking great.

Indeed I do remember! Stoked to see you here man!

:home

Thanks for the response. After lifting the truck and with my hunting trip to Wyoming in 2 weeks from now, money is going to be tight for the next couple of months. As soon as I recover from these expenses, I will be ordering these from you.

Just reviving an old thread here, curious to see if anything else has been done to the wagon and as I am getting very close to needing a set of tires how you like the Coopers

Hi Chris. I haven't been on here in a while. I seem to have all my focus on rifles and reloading right now, so any computer time is spent on shooting and hunting forums. As far as the Coopers are concerned, I really like them and would definitely suggest them. I haven't really done anything to the truck other than add a full size spare and Hi-lift jack. Here are a couple of pics of the spare tire mounted....Gerrit.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom