2003 Tundra

4th weekend in a row camping and cooking on the fire... good life.
20210502_200452.jpg

We're at 5 weekends in a row now. Last weekend down at Oregon inlet on the outer banks. Campground camping, but surrounded by some good folks... old friends and new friends. Thsi weekend we'll be trying the new hammocks overnight up at the ridge campsite for number 6.

Have not updated in a while. Went to Boone, NC this weekend for the Grandfather Highland Games. These 2 nights are our 14th and 15th in the camper this year. Not too bad for a working stiff. Some changes to the truck... running 285/55/16 BFG mud on stock toyota steel rims. Added a bike rack to the go to hell bumper. Really enjoying the ability to tote the camper and carry bikes. We did not get to ride this weekend as planned because of rain, but that did not dampen the Highland Games, as the weather was very "Scottish" ;-)
truck 2022.jpg
truck 2022 3.jpg
truck 2022 2.jpg
Highland games 2022.jpg
My clan.jpg

The tundra needs a bit of work, and yet, after 280,000 miles still runs well. Needs steering, some frme repair, exhaust, etc... that we are going to work on. For my DD I have gotten this 2010 Dakota as a replacement. Good news for the Tundra is that with Joe's new found love of off roading in his Go cart, I have the OK to build the Tundra into a trail oriented truck. nothing crazy, still road worthy... but a way for me and Ann to follow Joe in smooth, quiet air conditioned comfort :)
This dakota is in fine shape, bought with 135k miles, 4.7 v8. I have done some suspension work both front and rear to get it to be more like a "real truck" but not many more plans for it. I will start a page in the mid size section to chronicle what I have done and do, because there is nearly no aftermarket support.
Dakota 2023.jpg

Spent a few hours today beginning the TTT (Tundra Trail Truck) :cool: With a little help from Joe, we cut off the sides of the Ranch Hand "Go to Hell" bumper, to gain some access to rocks, etc... for the front tires. Also trimmed some metal off tff the uprights. Still won't have the best approach angle, but remember goal is to be able to follow Joe in his customized go cart, not compete in the Hammers. Instant weight loss of 60# of metal or so. Joe is still up there at the shop, starting work removing the front sway bar. Our shop faces the west and it is brutal in the summer sun. He, of course, at 13, seems unaffected.

All parts needed for exhaust have been ordered, going to true duals, with cherry bombs, just to make sure everyone around knows I have a V8 ;)

Tundra Trail 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom