1997 Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 Cummins and 2004 Four Wheel Camper

Mike

Adventurist
Founding Member
Hello all, after much though I am going to sell our turn key overland rig. This has been a great rig for the last 5 years. It has never let us down, gone everywhere we have wanted to go and comfortable for hundreds of miles at a time. This is a turn key, add your food, clothing and bedding, it's ready to go anywhere rig. My build thread should show you everything you likely want to know. For anyone knowing the Ram trucks and Cummins engines, this is the last full year of the 12 valve engine (most desirable) and last year NO SMOG is needed in California. '98 and newer you must smog. Located in San Diego, CA

http://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/1997-dodge-ram-2500-4x4-and-fwc-grandby.75/

Here's a video going up Mengal Pass in Death Valley -

IMG_2620.jpg

Pre light bar
IMG_1880.jpg

$20,000 (Will NOT separate truck and camper, registered at RV) Not looking to trade for anything other than maybe a very done, driver to almost show quality '64-'72 El Camino. Not replacing with any other offroad vehicle, moving away from this part of my life.

Here are the primary specs from what I recall.

1997 Dodge Ram SLT 2500 Club Cab 4x4

5.9L Cummins Diesel – 12 valve engine, last year for the non computer controlled 12 valve
158,000 miles
4WD – Manual shift system, no electronics to fail
4 Speed Auto with Overdrive
Killer Dowel Pin fix done (KDP)
Dana 70 rear axle, LSD differential with 3.55 gear
Dana 60 front axle with 3.55 gear
Power Windows, Mirrors, Locks, Cruise Control, A/C
Alarm with door lock interface and starter kill
National Springs – Custom made 2” lifted front coil and full rear spring pack, sits at stock height with camper
Bilstein 5160 Remote Reservoir shocks
New Moog ‘98+ Heavy Duty Steering system
Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
New front unit bearing, calipers, rotors, studs and pads
16x8 Aluminum wheels with BFG A/T 285/75-16 (33” tall)
Wilco Hitch Gate, hitch mounted rear swing out, new matching wheel and tire
Adventure Trailers aluminum can holder, mounted to swing out, with Scepter can for gray water catchment
Kenwood AM/FM/CD/USB radio
Cobra WX75 CB radio with dual Firestick antennas
Speedhut gauges with programmable warning lights, mounted to dash, EGT, Boost and Trans Temp
Custom built front light bar
IPF Driving Lights – 55 watts each
Lightforce – 100 watts each
Installed factory front tow hooks
Sears Platinum AGM Dual Batteries
Custom built sliding rear camper steps
Personalized Plates (4WD CMPR) – Registered as an RV, saves $200+ on registration

2004 Four Wheel Camper Grandby X model – Fully Loaded

Extended cab over bed
4 Manual Camper Jacks – Removed when travelling
Custom made Micro Coil spring mattress, also have original foam style
NovaKool DC compressor fridge
Propane tank
2 burner stove
Heater with digital thermostat
6 gal. Hot Water tank
18 gal. Water tank
Sink with hot/cold
Outdoor shower with hot/cold
3 speed, reversible Fantastic Fan vent over galley
Vent over bed
100 Watt Flexible Solar Panel with Controller
LED lighting, inside and outside
IOTA Converter/Charger with IQ4 Smart Charge Controller
PETT fold up toilet with supply of WAG bags
PETT Outside Privacy tent for shower/toilet use
All Camp Gear (pots, utensils, equipment) and storage containers that fit storage space
Fully equipped First Aid Bag
Folding Tire Step

Misc Stuff to go with sale

Puma 12 volt Compressor – never got around to installing
DJM Aluminum front bumper – needs to have mounting brackets built, very rare unit
Bilstein 5100 series steering dampener
TRED large recovery mats
Tailgate (won't fit with camper)
Whatever else I find

The only bad things are,
Paint in fair to good shape. This era of Dodge trucks didn't have the greatest paint. NO RUST!!! AZ truck from '97 to '11. San Diego '11 to current.
A/C works when charged but slow leak. Since 99% of our trips are fall through spring, with temps in the 70's or below, wasn't a high priority to fix.

Well that sucks. You'll be missed, don't be a stranger, you can get to MRV in a hot rod!

I have gotten a number of folks asking for pics of the interior. I guess I really never had any. Took a few before it got dark. Will get more this weekend. Dash is in great shape, which is normally cracked on this vintage. It has been under a dash mat from day one. It is very dusty under it (first time I have removed). The driver side seat seam had split and was repaired prior to my purchasing. This looks exactly the same as it did when I bought it 5 years ago. It was a very good repair. This is the only interior damage.

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0780.jpg

IMAG0781.jpg

IMAG0782.jpg

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

Bummer Mike. Sorry to hear you're getting out of the hobby. I'll pass the word along to some people that you're selling and let them know to contact you.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

@bob91yj @Herbie @Scott Thanks for the comments guys. Offroad/Overlanding/Camping was never my passion. It was a means to an end of seeing some cool places and meeting some great people!!! Many of my hobbies have wane and come back over the years (or decades). My true passion has always been classic cars/hot rods. Almost half of my 47 vehicles have been classics. It could come back around at some future date but who knows. For now I am going to focus on the 3 classics I have currently.

My plans are to stick around AAV. Made a lot of great friends and will still try to get to some of the events. Not going to be rid of me yet. :mike

For full disclosure, I moved the truck tonight from the driveway and on the south facing side (side away from the house), I saw this starting. This is the crappy paint issues that Dodge and GM had during the '90's. This only occurred since Thanksgiving as when we were out on our last trip, the pass. side was not like this. The driver side had these spots from the day I bought it and have not increased in size.

Pass. side
IMAG0790.jpg

Driver side
IMAG0792.jpg

I knew it would be quick, but that was faster than I expected. Do we know the new owner?

If I lived out on the West Coast it would have been me.

@BlkWgn - I am not sure which forum the new owner saw it on. Technically it was sold Friday but was awaiting payment, so just over 24 hours and I had 5 others lined up.

@Joker - Only 1 of the 6 lined up buyer were local. Distance was not an issue and 3 of them were looking to buy sight unseen, outside of web pics. Ya could have jumped on it too. :D

Well that part gave me a sadz. Cheers Mike. Hope your new endeavors bring you happiness!

This.

That said, GLWS. I can personally vouch for this truck (not it's owner :p ) and the extreme level of TLC and maintenance that this rig has been shown since Mike bought it. It's squared away and ready to go and if I had the money laying around I'd type SOLD here and carry on. Great rig in great shape at a great price!

Back
Top Bottom