10 Years Gone: Overland Expo, Then and Now

I’m not sure exciting is the word I’d use there but it was definitely memorable. Overall, this year was great. It was well organized, well managed, and well thought out from a layout perspective. This is pretty amazing given the growth from last year, alone. I didn’t get out to the more remote camping area but the camping area close to the event booths seemed to be well populated but not too crowded. The folks I talked with there seemed pretty pleased.

I was a little surprised an event of this size didn’t have an app. Just a little constructive criticism, we had a number of folks who stopped by our booth looking for another booth. I didn’t have the layout memorized so all I could give them was a ‍♂️. It’d be nice to have an app with a booth map so folks could find their way around a little easier.

This might be a good idea as future Expos increase in attendance...especially on Saturated Saturday.

We spent a good hour seeking out ICON Vehicle Dynamics (2020 quick-tip: bring binos to scan distant horizon for vendor banners) who were not situated by the "Theater" area as stated in the map we sourced...which only caused my "squirrel sense" to kick in...resulting in a stronger patch game and a couple of "unplanned purchases."

Damn you Expo...well played. :)

This might be a good idea as future Expos increase in attendance...especially on Saturated Saturday.

We spent a good hour seeking out ICON Vehicle Dynamics (2020 quick-tip: bring binos to scan distant horizon for vendor banners) who were not situated by the "Theater" area as stated in the map we sourced...which only caused my "squirrel sense" to kick in...resulting in a stronger patch game and a couple of "unplanned purchases."

Damn you Expo...well played. :)

Good point!

For the most part I thought the new company did a good job. A lot did seem to be haphazard. The moto training area was too small. There is now so many same old build rigs. 2015 was the first year I went. There was so many different types of vehicles. Yamaha did not bring one motorcycle. BMW did not even bother to show. Someone said before this is more like outdoor SEMA.

Back
Top Bottom