03 Trudra 100,000 service.

Borrego60

Adventurist
Founding Member
Well the time has come to do the 100,000 service on my truck. Yesterday I spent 10 hours wrenching on the front of the motor, I replaced the water pump,timing belt,thermostat,serptine belt > 30,000 intervals, and coolent. I do the coolent every year and I use distilled water, it has no metals in it or chemicals and Prestone II doing a 60/40 mix more coolent then water. I was told this by the Toyota factory guys has something to do with preventing electrolysis using distilled water. There was a layer of parts to take off in order to get to the water pump ect. I got the job done and saved about 700.00 bucks. Oil change is coming today I do that every 2000 miles, and will do the diffs also. Toyota factory labor is 7-8 hours so 10 0n my part is good. I use factory parts only and get a 30% discount at Carlsbad Toyota ask me why later.

That is all to report happy trails!

Im all for keeping the oil changed. For years I have changed the oil in my tacoma every 3000. Even at 3000 the oil still looked & smelled clean. So, I started changing it every 5000.

Now my VW's are another story. The oil turns black after about 1000 miles on them and I change them more frequently. Thats thier life blood I call it.

I understand oil degradation or oil breakdown, losing it's viscosity, etc, but isn't 2000 miles pretty frequent ? Especially for a toyota ???

Ya it might be over kill the 84 sr5 4x4 toyota I had I did the same thing and ran just shy of 300,000 miles before it was stolen. Motor inside looked brand new when I would adjust the valves on tune ups. I do it because that is how I maintain my vehicles, In the 84 I changed the oil before I went to Mammoth for a week of sking and changed it when I came back. I am just anal about keeping the engine oil clean, pay me now or pay me later for a engine related failure. During smog checks it also helps. It is just the way I am.

Back
Top Bottom