Project HAZARDUTY 97 LX450

HAZARDUTY

Adventurist
IMG_1914.JPG
This is a build thread for my LX450. I will attempt to post up trips and modifications I have done over the last 5 years that I have owned this vehicle.

EB315F51-C0D9-41F1-9CD5-47F997D4F674.jpeg

Finishing up the OME lift a few years ago. I went with the heavy springs and I am pretty happy with the new suspension. I have done multi state trips over the years with the LX450 and i love the way the suspension feels now. Nice and tight. The LX450 original suspension was kind of soft and made the truck feel tippy especially with the RTT on the rack.

DB24748D-DB98-46A2-B3C1-46EEE0B1761C.jpeg

To add to previous post. This is the lift I went with. Just realized that it sat in my garage for 2 years before I installed it.

View attachment 34210

I wanted a shower system for the truck. 5 minutes later and with parts I already had in the garage I came up with this. I can shoot water over 15 feet. I will try to upload a video later

There are o-ring kits available online that will let you add even more pressure if you want to get more distance or more scouring power.

Quick update.
Preparing the LX450 for a long trip.

Going to pull the horizon AT trailer from Raleigh NC. to CA.. Doing 3 days on the Mohave Rd from east to west then hang out in Vegas for a few days. Then back country camp for 3-4 days in Death Valley.

Prep work includes new brake pads and replacing my winch wires with all new wire. Then running a few more 12 volt outlets to make things a little more convenient.

Quick update.
Preparing the LX450 for a long trip.

Going to pull the horizon AT trailer from Raleigh NC. to CA.. Doing 3 days on the Mohave Rd from east to west then hang out in Vegas for a few days. Then back country camp for 3-4 days in Death Valley.

Prep work includes new brake pads and replacing my winch wires with all new wire. Then running a few more 12 volt outlets to make things a little more convenient.
Nice!
Re: power additions, is your cd changer still there? Lots of room inside.

IMG_1176.JPG

Back
Top Bottom