Kickstarter deals and products

I looked at these a bit today, going to talk to them a bit more but I am thinking of backing this

I'm curious to hear your opinion too. I'm having a hard time believing it would be of any benefit for a 3/4 ton truck that weighs around 8500lbs. But it's really peaked my interest. I have been considering the Pull Pal here for awhile, and this would be a smaller more compact option if it works as well.

Sadly, I've been burned too many times on vaporware on Kickstarter. I'm willing to pay full retail for a final product that is reviewed and tested.

:clang Good luck on the product, looks like a great concept.

Sadly, I've been burned too many times on vaporware on Kickstarter. I'm willing to pay full retail for a final product that is reviewed and tested.

:clang Good luck on the product, looks like a great concept.

Can't disagree with that sentiment, but I think the little guys are where the best innovation comes from. If we stop supporting these little shops all we'll have left is...

Smittybilt :eek:

I'm having a hard time believing it would be of any benefit for a 3/4 ton truck that weighs around 8500lbs

We haven't had a chance to try the Deadman with a heavier vehicle than our 6000lb Tacoma. I am really looking forward to seeing how well it will or wont work also. I may be biased ;) but I am pretty positive it will work. It will require a deeper hole. What we found was that the deeper the deadman is buried, the more load it can support on an exponential scale. We took a load cell and at 24" deep in soft sand the Deadman held 2600lbs. At 30" deep it held 4900lbs. At 36" deep it held 7100lbs. To put that all into context it took only 1800lbs to recover the tacoma from it being buried all the way up to its frame rails.

With that said, we are working on making an XL and XXL version. They will be larger of course, with larger straps, and a larger sail.

We haven't had a chance to try the Deadman with a heavier vehicle than our 6000lb Tacoma. I am really looking forward to seeing how well it will or wont work also. I may be biased ;) but I am pretty positive it will work. It will require a deeper hole. What we found was that the deeper the deadman is buried, the more load it can support on an exponential scale. We took a load cell and at 24" deep in soft sand the Deadman held 2600lbs. At 30" deep it held 4900lbs. At 36" deep it held 7100lbs. To put that all into context it took only 1800lbs to recover the tacoma from it being buried all the way up to its frame rails.

With that said, we are working on making an XL and XXL version. They will be larger of course, with larger straps, and a larger sail.

I stand by my offer to help you test the deadman with a heavier rig, and see how it does

I stand by my offer to help you test the deadman with a heavier rig, and see how it does

How about this Sunday? We are going to be doing a shout out to anyone who would want to go to Anza Borrego this Sunday for some product testing/pictures. Its gonna be a balmy 100 degrees, but it'll be fun!

How did the Deadman work with the larger rig?

Unfortunately, my schedule has not synched up with theirs, but I know they were testing in Glamis this weekend with Nena Barlow and her 2017 Power Wagon in preparation for the Rebelle Rally. From what I understand it worked well and I am sure she will have more info in the near future.

Unfortunately, my schedule has not synched up with theirs, but I know they were testing in Glamis this weekend with Nena Barlow and her 2017 Power Wagon in preparation for the Rebelle Rally. From what I understand it worked well and I am sure she will have more info in the near future.
:coffee then I shall wait. Looking forward to how it worked. Do you know if they ever created the XL or XXL Deadman?

Back
Top Bottom