AC in the FWC.

well now thats odd.. the pic you posted has the same model number as the one I linked and the specs say 4 amps.... wonder what the deal is there?

edit... maybe not... the ones on the web are FFRA0511R1... your box has FFRA05L1R1

I think the one you bought only uses 4 amps as well 100acre... it just requires a 15 amp plug, but you might want to stick a meter on it just to be sure.

If I order it from Best Buy, I have to wait until the 19th or 20th to leave. Or go by the second Honda generator.

I went and searched Frigidaire's website and typed into the search bar my model and zip comes up. They don't recognize their own unit. :confused:

If you use the 625644 number you get this...and yours is 4 amps!

http://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Air-Conditioning/Window-Mounted-AC/FFRA0511R1/

General Specifications
  • Warranty: 1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System
  • Annual Cost(.12 / kWH): 41
  • Shipping Weight (lbs): 48
  • Window Height: 13"
  • BrandFamilyFrigidaire: Yes
  • Reconditioned: No
  • Refrigerant: R410a
  • Product Weight (lbs): 41
  • Window Width: 23" - 36"
  • ProductLaunch: NA
  • Power Type: Electric
  • Size: N/A
  • Installation Type: Window Mounted
  • Collection: Frigidaire
Controls
  • Control Type: Mechanical
  • Sleep Mode: No
  • Control Location: Bottom Left Side
General Specifications
  • Carton Height: 1.250000
  • Carton Depth: 1.410000
  • Carton Width: 1.500000
AC
  • Fan Auto: No
  • Air CFM (High): 136
  • Clean Air Ionizer: No
  • Vents Closed: Yes
  • Remote Control: No
  • Noise Level dB (High): 56.5
  • Fresh Air: No
  • Energy Saver: No
  • Filter Type: Anti-Bacterial Mesh
  • Charge - ozs: 10.58
  • Motor RPM (Low): 1310
  • Slide-Out Chassis: No
  • Air Direction Control: 2-Way
  • Filter Access: Side Slide-Out
  • Exhaust Vent: No
  • Filter Check: No
  • Motor RPM (High): 1530
  • Fan Speeds - Cool: 2
  • Noise Level dB (Low): 51.3
  • Cabinet Louvers: Yes
  • Air CFM (Low): 111
  • Low Voltage Start-up: Yes
  • Fan Speed - Fan - General: 2
  • 24-Hour On/Off Timer: No
  • Rear Grill: No
  • Window Mounting Kit: Pleated Quick Mount
Dimensions: Cut-Out
  • Height: N/A
  • Width: N/A
Electrical Specifications
  • Amps (Cool): 4
  • Watts (Cool): 450
  • Horsepower (Cool): 0.61
  • Voltage Rating: 115V 60Hz
  • Plug Type: LCDI 5-15P
  • Power Cord Length: 6' (6-1/2')
Certifications & Approvals
  • Safety Certification: UL/CUL (SA11087)
  • CSA Listed: No
  • ADA Compliant - All Brands: No
  • ENERGY STAR® Certified: No
  • UL Listed: Yes
  • NSF® Certified: No
  • ETL Listed: No
Performance
  • Dehumidification - Pints/Hr: 1.1
  • Cool Area (Sq. Ft.): 150
  • Combined Energy Efficiency Ratio: 11.0
  • Energy Efficiency Ratio: 11.1
  • Performance Certification: AHAM
  • BTU (Cool): 5000
Exterior Dimensions
  • Height: 12"
  • Width: 16"
  • Depth: 15-1/4"

From what I gather they're both pretty much the same unit. Except this other one with the # FFRA0511R1, it has a 6' long cord to the other model's 3' cord. The 4 amp cool means it only draws 4 amps/450watts when it's on the lowest setting-Cool. Otherwise they have the same exact EER Rating of 11.1
I went and bought the other model for the longer cord and since dad has already recycled the box it came in, I'll give it to him for his shop.
@Dave . Here's a picture of the two yellow rating labels. As well as the newer unit with the 6' cord. This unit is about $60 more than the lowes unit with the shorter cord.
IMG_0171.JPG

Here is a picture of the newer unit's box. It says 15 amps, 115 volts just like the other model in the second picture.
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG

Last edited:
I had to really look around for the unit I bought today as few places actually carry them. I had to drive almost an hour one way to pick it up.

Today I ran the air conditioner on the Honda generator. I had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever and the generator powered it just fine. Matter fact I started off on cool which is the lowest setting on the air-conditioner and slowly work my way up all the way to high cool and the thermostat all the way at the highest number. I managed to do this while it was running in eco-mode. Never had an overloaded problem or anything. It seems to work best if you warm the generator up for a few minutes before hooking up the air-conditioner and if you start in the lowest setting and then slowly work your way up to the cooler settings. Hope this helps.

Just a thought. I wonder on longevity? I am thinking this model could go away at some point. Since I have factory one installed one I am thinking I may buy one and set it aside just in case mine breaks? Maybe just get repaired if not physical damage? If physically damaged I would probably have other issues :(

Well I placed both the air-conditioner units side-by-side and they're exactly the same there is no difference whatsoever they have the same length of cord and they have the same specs for everything. The problem is Frigidaire labels some SKU numbers for one company And different SKU numbers for a different company. PITA.

Today I ran the air conditioner on the Honda generator. I had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever and the generator powered it just fine. Matter fact I started off on cool which is the lowest setting on the air-conditioner and slowly work my way up all the way to high cool and the thermostat all the way at the highest number. I managed to do this while it was running in eco-mode. Never had an overloaded problem or anything. It seems to work best if you warm the generator up for a few minutes before hooking up the air-conditioner and if you start in the lowest setting and then slowly work your way up to the cooler settings. Hope this helps.

Exactly right, I have an Angler cabover with a 9000 btu ac on the roof. I run a Ryobi 2200 watt gen. ( $399 on sale at Home Depot a couple of dbs. away from Honda. ) start the gen. ease the ac on, runs on high cool no problem.

Just recently I had to camp appear northern Idaho and at 7 PM it was 92°. I ran my generator for a few minutes then hooked up the air conditioner to the generator and it ran great until 10 PM when it finally really cool down enough to not need it. The little Honda generator ran the air conditioner on high for hours at search the few times but handled it just nicely

Back
Top Bottom