Zam15's Adventure Build

I have a used 315/75/16 BFG AT with about 1/4" of tread left on it. It's an old style AT, nothing wrong with it. I'll trade you the tire for a ride in your truck through some high speed stuff once you get it dialed!

I have a used 315/75/16 BFG AT with about 1/4" of tread left on it. It's an old style AT, nothing wrong with it. I'll trade you the tire for a ride in your truck through some high speed stuff once you get it dialed!
Maybe if I ever get a roll cage ahah! Until then its moderate speed! :cool: If you enjoy the slow roll of whoops then I'm your man!

Well, I ended up sending out the imperial tire and the seller has (hopefully) shipped the correct metric tire out. What's everyone thought on dual spares? Is it excess and unnecessary? Think I'd find a pair of Jerry cans or propane tank mounts more useful :panic

Also shop has quoted 3 weeks for the truck being done... Maybe they'll fill the truck with salt as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well f**k.. Redesign 4.0 Have another set of shocks being made as 18" is just a little too much... 16" inbound!

Mixed feelings on dual spares. On the rare occasion that I've had a flat, my driving style sure changes when I have a trip to complete and no spare left. There's also the potential that you can hit the same obstacle with both tires on that side of the vehicle, resulting in two flats. On the flip side, we've sewn a side wall gash on a tire back together with stainless wire, stuffed 30 something plugs into it to help seal it, then stopped every few miles to air the tire back up. It was ugly, but we made it work.

Odds are you"ll never need two, but when you do need two, you usually REALLY need two. In the end, I'm firmly on the fence!:rolleyes:

LOL.. exactly.. In all my years driving on and off road, I've only ever had to get my spare out once... and I needed 2.. passenger side front and rear...

Well, the 16" coilovers are finally done. Shop has quoted to weeks to finish her up... For some reason I have little faith in that timeline.. :(

So..... yea.... apparently they can't get the current setup to work. So everything is getting cut off any going back to a standard 4-link.
Gas tank situation is still TBD but the truck will handle better and it will pull more travel. Just wont have all the fuel capacity I wanted. But who knows, a custom fuel cell may be in my future.

Also adding a 1" body lift, will replace all my worn out bushings and just solidify everything a little, will also help with clearance all around.
71KjLco3EZL._SL1500_.jpg

Also will be covering up most of the wheel well like this.

Last edited:
All this time and work and they can't get the suspension to function?

Too much side to side due to the panhard, coilovers in their current location would bump the frame at full drop/stuff. They would have to limit travel even more to prevent it.

I'd say a longer panhard setup would help that issue but they're saying it wont work...

Well, I don't have have the Tacoma back yet but it still does not stop me from planning and having a stockpile of parts for future mods..

Just picked up a Factor 55 FlatLink and Custom Splice ARB Offset Hawse Fairlead

P.S. Shout out to Custom Splice for amazing customer service, the first hawse fairlead arrived damaged and they immediately responded and sent out a replacement. If anyone is in the market I would give them a look.

This guys Nissan Frontier is pretty slick, should end up with a similar build when all is said an done.

He's running a 4-Link with 16" coilovers and pulling 20"s

Back
Top Bottom