Ford E250 - Need recommendations for a good mechanic North LA

playoutside

Adventurist
Hi there,
not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I need a recommendation for a good mechanic / shop in the Northern LA area (San Fernando, Santa Clarita) that has the patience and passion to troubleshoot and fix our 1992 E250 Sportsmobile (351W) 4x4. The old lady has been throwing a bunch of codes since we traveled in that last big storm, including vacuum hose leaks etc.
My husband is too busy right now to take care of her himself, so I am hoping to find someone dedicated enough to help the old lady back on the road.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Anette

Hi there,
not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I need a recommendation for a good mechanic / shop in the Northern LA area (San Fernando, Santa Clarita) that has the patience and passion to troubleshoot and fix our 1992 E250 Sportsmobile (351W) 4x4. The old lady has been throwing a bunch of codes since we traveled in that last big storm, including vacuum hose leaks etc.
My husband is too busy right now to take care of her himself, so I am hoping to find someone dedicated enough to help the old lady back on the road.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Anette

It is not quite in your target location, but not too far way in West Covina is a shop called DynoTune. I have been using them since about 2001 when I had issues with another shop that completely botched a motor swap in a 77 Thunderbird. I had it towed over to them and they got everything straightened out and I have been using them ever since. They are not the cheapest place around, but they do good work and I trust them. Talk to Kevin (owner) or Tim (Lead Mechanic) tell them that Cris with the Power Wagon sent you, they will most likely cuss my name but they will take good care of you

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dyno-tune-and-smog-inspection-covina

Great, thanks so much for the heads up! I got a few nice leads - nothing is close but there is a guy down in Lawndale who seems to be a Sportsmobile whisperer. I'll talk to everyone and see what feels the best. Your recommendation is highly appreciated!

Have you called Sportsmobile? From my personal experience at the shop I work at they keep extensive records on all the vehicles they built and they have a network of trusted, experienced shops they have dealt with before.

Back
Top Bottom