For those of you with CVT tents

Gallowbraid

Adventurist
What sort of packaging did your tent arrive in when you ordered it? I ordered a Mt. McKinley about a month ago and when it arrived today the box was shredded and the tent is damaged. Unfortunately my father in law was home to receive it and took it as is instead of refusing the shipment.

It appears that the tent is shipped in a corrugated box with a single strip of packing tape and not strapped to a pallet at all. Just curious if this was the experience others have had or if the trucking company removed it from a pallet to save space on the truck.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait through the holiday weekend to contact anyone at my point of purchase about a resolution.

Such a bummer...

I'd suggest that you call Bobby at CVT and ask that they make it right. Let me know how that goes.

:coffee

There is a lot of difference in quality between LTL carriers. Make sure to provide feedback. The only way to make it better is to vote with your feet.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I received my my Shasta about a week ago and the tent and cardboard were in pretty good shape. I decided to pick it up from the freight company to minimize it being thrown around though. good luck

Sorry to hear that Gallowbraid, I ordered a Mt. Denali Extended Pioneer Series CVT tent and the box it arrived in was remarkably in good condition taken into account that the box was huge. Hope you get your issue resolved and Bobby can help you out.

I picked up my RTT up from goose gear at their shop that way I know it was in good working order.

I know this is an old thread, and @Gallowbraid himself was there for the unboxing and install of my mount Denali cvt. The box was in decent shape, and had some corrugated cardboard surrounding the tent. I had no issues with shipping...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Wow, blast from the past. Guess I should provide an update. My tent was damaged due to the mishandling of the tent by two different shipping companies. The rain fly had holes torn in it, the base of the platform is dented and several of the straps that secure the PVC cover during travel were nearly severed. Would these damages have been prevented by strapping the box to a pallet? I'm convinced they would have, but that's in the past. I ordered the tent through Blue Ridge Overland Gear and their customer service was second to none. They provided me with replacement straps, a solution for holes in the rain fly and went after the trucking company for reimbursement due to the damages. I've been using my tent for the past year with no complaints (other than I wish I had a CVT sticker for the truck :)).

I am thinking about buying a car sticker for the truck. I stuck one on my fridge but I think I need another. I am ready to go camping again.... like now.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Mine came Friday. A few spots on the outside were torn, but nothing all the way through.
It did have a small dent, but nothing I am worried about.
20170407_143518.jpg

It did have a few things not covered in the manual. Anyone know what these straps are for?
20170407_151355.jpg

And what are these brackets for?
20170407_151530.jpg

It also came with a aluminum channel which I assume is for the annex but it is not mentioned anywhere.

The end of the straps (the loop) are to assist you getting in and out of the tent when you are making the transition on or off the ladder. The two metal pieces are the side braces for your ladder.

So I got the braces on and then put on the annex. The braces and the annex don't want to play nice together.

Also the annex is a PITA to put on by yourself. I can see me not using it too much if I can't figure out how to fold it under the travel cover.

Here it is mounted to the truck.
20170423_121907.jpg

I used to work for ups and their modus was to empty those trucks as quickly as possible. If a package said fragile, that meant frisbee. I swear that if they could've whipped us, they would've done so. It was a grueling job and I threw out my back working there. They have no interest in safeguarding your package. Every time I get something shipped from them, the packaging is nearly destroyed. Nowadays when ordering I always request fed ex or the postal service.

Back
Top Bottom