Kids Snow Day in Big Bear Saturday 1/28

Brett C

Adventurist
Senior Staff
With all this wonderful snow we are getting in Big Bear, Jacki and aunt have decided to run the boys up there and let them play in the snow. We won't be staying the night as Jacki has to work that evening at 7pm.

I was thinking head up into Holcomb area (towards the pinnacles) and hang out for the day letting them play to exhaustion. Maybe have a campfire (if allowed) and break out the skottle for some hot chow for lunch.

If anyone wants to join us chime in.

If you want a campfire you will have to go to a yellow post site, there is a nice one half way to the pinnacles on Delmar Mt. It is on a north facing slope so it should hold the snow well. I will send you coordinates next time I am on the computer. Things are up in the air right now but we will try and make it.

Sent via carrier pigeon

If you want a campfire you will have to go to a yellow post site, there is a nice one half way to the pinnacles on Delmar Mt. It is on a north facing slope so it should hold the snow well. I will send you coordinates next time I am on the computer. Things are up in the air right now but we will try and make it.

Sent via carrier pigeon
Cool thanks.

Double check the access to Holcomb. I was up there for Christmas and the main road was closed so we tried the fire road to the south and found close to two feet of fresh powder which made the trail rather entertaining. We only went in about a mile and a half and had to turn around since my sons cherokee didn't have enough clearance and kept getting hug up. Didn't make a very good plow.

Double check the access to Holcomb. I was up there for Christmas and the main road was closed so we tried the fire road to the south and found close to two feet of fresh powder which made the trail rather entertaining. We only went in about a mile and a half and had to turn around since my sons cherokee didn't have enough clearance and kept getting hug up. Didn't make a very good plow.
We will find a place off the beaten path. Just don't want to be those side of the road people.

Heads up, A few of the gates were closed however you can find away through, we made it up on the 15th, snow was thick and the ice in the morning was something to pay attention to on any slopes. Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom