A better trail trash bag?

I haven't used it as a cutting board yet. In fact, I tend to forget it is in there. It does an amazing job of giving the bag shape without drooping. Most of my trips lately have been solo, so I end up cutting my food up on the plate I'm using (steaks) or I end up going the Mountain House route. I've got an upcoming multi-day trip in April and can report back to you then.

Update:

After a lot of miles down a dusty road in the George Washington NF, and even more in the Pisgah NF, I have this to report regarding the LUSB Oscar Mobile Hideout. The bag is bombproof. I wouldn't have paid $200+ on a trashbag, but if I had to replace this one I just might no matter how much I would wince. The best feature is the front zips that make getting a bag in and out easily a treat. I've carried firewood in it that way and it was no problem.

That is a fine, white, talcum powder-like dust that is all over everything in and on my truck now. Thanks. Pisgah. Between that and the yellow pollen, I'm dying.
IMG_1399.jpg

Camping hack: Binder Clips FTW. They keep the bag in and held up. To give you an idea how rain tight this is, these clips have been in since I received this bag the last week in December and they aren't rusted yet.
IMG_1402.jpg

Regarding the cutting board. I think it's better off as a pack stiffener. It'll do in a pinch, but my other cheap, plastic boards aren't as slick and I don't have to deal with the funky shape. Sorry there aren't any picks of the steak and veggies cut on it. I lost the light and was wore slap out.
IMG_1401.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

The bag is bombproof. I wouldn't have paid $200+ on a trashbag, but if I had to replace this one I just might no matter how much I would wince.

The best feature is the front zips that make getting a bag in and out easily a treat. I've carried firewood in it that way and it was no problem.

Agree 100%. I could not be happier with how these turned out, and I’m proud that our merry band of travelers was able to influence the design!

No, it’s not cheap. But by Thor’s hammer it’s likely the last bag of this type I will ever have to buy. Hell, my Grandson might even inherit it.

:clang

Got mine mounted up for our first extended trip this year. Even empty it’s just looks better than the Trasharoo. Today is also the day I gave Cameron our original AAV Trasharoo for the use on his FJ. Some day he’ll get this, but not for a good long time.

7FB2F885-7AB3-4C4B-BBC8-95BE086AEB01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom